Time: July 13, 2014 all day
Location: Washington on the Brazos State Park to Burton
Website or Map: https://goo.gl/maps/vty55
Event Type: state, park, visit, and, back-road, scenic, drive
Organized By: Dora Anderson and George Huibregtse
Latest Activity: Jul 12, 2014
Day trip to Washington on the Brazos State Park, with lunch planned at R-Place BBQ, and then a back-road driving tour of 33 miles through one of Texas' most scenic areas! (The approximate drive time is 45-50 minutes.)
1. Meet up at Buccee's Waller 9:00 am Sunday July 13, 2014
Buccee's Waller (Trip Advisor Reviews)
2. Caravan to Washington on the Brazos State Park
Washington on the Brazos State Park
3. Enjoy activities within the park until everyone is ready for lunch. Individual sites within the park have an entry fee! No alcohol is allowed in the park. Pets are allowed on a leash.
* IF WE DECIDE NOT TO STAY AT THE PARK: Independence, Texas is a beautiful historic town on the drive we have planned. We, as a group, might decide to visit this historic preservation site instead. There is a country store that sells lunch items as well.
4. Dine at R Place Restaurant (Emergency Plan B lunch perhaps in Independence?) R-Place serves barbeque and sides, beer and wine.
5. When everyone is ready, take a scenic road trip through Washington County back roads, ending in Burton, TX
Map of planned drive
6. Complete group activities at HWY 290, and continue home. People continuing on to Houston have the option to continue to caravan down 290.