I own an '09 Passion and have been very happy with this vehicle! However I now have peeling clearcoat. Have as yet not been able to get much help with this problem. Has anyone else had the same issue?

Views: 129

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There are several threads on SCoA about peeling clearcoat on a small number of cars.

Several have reported that their 09 Rally Red cars in some instances, the clear coat has started to peel or delaminate. I have personally observed this on one rally red vehicle.  My wife has an 09 rally red Pure and so far the clear coat has not delaminated.  It has been suggested that you contact smart USA on their Facebook page, tell them your concern and provide your vin. #.  They are supposed to contact you after posting this info. on their FB page.

Good luck. 

I contacted Park Place Motorcars where I bought my Smart. They looked at it and decided hood panel behind front license plate and the right front fender and door and the right rear fender are peeling.mthey called and told me the panels were $801.00 plus $490. Labor and they would give me 10% off which would have been about 100.00. The car has been great with no break downs in 80,000 miles but Mercedes does not care about Smart customers. They won't even reset the service reminder if they do not do the service.

You need to call smartUSA directly, not the dealer or smart Center. Open up a case & have one of their field reps inspect your vehicle. The telephone # is on a sticker affixed to the inside of the driver's side sun visor.

I called smartUSA directly - and they told me to contact my dealer/smartCenter - who would need to see/inspect my Smart.  Yes I have peeling clear coat on a red 2009 Smart - hood, tailgate and one rear fender.

My wife's '09 rally red passion makes yours look like it's in pristine condition, there's no clearcoat at all on the access cover. There's peeling on all panels except the right rear, that's the one that got replaced in an accident.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

find a

smart center

go

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service