My 10,000 mile service is looming large on the calendar. Question: What range of cost have the members experienced for their very first ownership service experienced? I know Mercedes dealers tend to treat us poorly, so I was curious about just how much I am going to be gouged on my first service...  Any info would be greatly appreciated...

Views: 474

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It is, after all, not much more than a fluid change and inspection.

You can look on YouTube for videos on how to perform the 10,000 mile service or you can bring your car into Mercedes Benz.

I personally do not have the space to perform this service and it is far easier for me to bring the car in, even though it is rather expensive.  (It will be over $100 for sure, but the best thing to do is call the service department & ask for a quote before you make an appointment!)  If you have a good mechanic, you can have him perform the work for you as well.  

I take my car to the dealer (and overpay) to provide jobs to folks who need them in my city and to ensure that all the parts & tools used on my car fit and work the way they are supposed to.  For me, having this piece of mind is worth the service cost.  I also know that if things go wrong, I can have the dealer make it right since they are the only ones who work on my car.  That is what works for me.

As far as Mercedes Benz service, they are quite nice to me at the dealership that services my car.  I have always been treated the same as any other Mercedes Benz customer, including a full detail of my car after the service is finished for "free".  I would not worry about that aspect. Cheers!

I consider M-B dealers the same as prostitutes.....They treat you really well for large sums of cash, but on the inside they still loathe you.

Yeah... I've read (and experienced) that we're treated pretty shabbily as a rule... My car is leased, so I'm FORCED to have my service performed at MB.

the 10,000 mile service cost is $205.00 In Florida if u did not have a service prepaid for in your contract 

Mike S. said:

You can look on YouTube for videos on how to perform the 10,000 mile service or you can bring your car into Mercedes Benz.

I personally do not have the space to perform this service and it is far easier for me to bring the car in, even though it is rather expensive.  (It will be over $100 for sure, but the best thing to do is call the service department & ask for a quote before you make an appointment!)  If you have a good mechanic, you can have him perform the work for you as well.  

I take my car to the dealer (and overpay) to provide jobs to folks who need them in my city and to ensure that all the parts & tools used on my car fit and work the way they are supposed to.  For me, having this piece of mind is worth the service cost.  I also know that if things go wrong, I can have the dealer make it right since they are the only ones who work on my car.  That is what works for me.

As far as Mercedes Benz service, they are quite nice to me at the dealership that services my car.  I have always been treated the same as any other Mercedes Benz customer, including a full detail of my car after the service is finished for "free".  I would not worry about that aspect. Cheers!

I was offered the prepayment option for $27.75 a month.  That's $333.00 which sounds a bit high for the services which are called for at 12 months/10,000 miles, so I declined.  It was only a few months later that I was told about the issues with MB of Seattle.  If it's only $205.00, then I'll be very pleased.  Thank you for your responses, smart owners!

I hear different areas charge different amounts for the service suggest you call and ask first, but that is what they charge in Florida you can also request a price list for all the  future charges on your smart to keep you informed.  hope this helps. 

This is why I posted this question.  I called and asked what the charge would be and was told, "It varies far too much to give even a ballpark figure."  That was my first clue that I'm going to be severely gouged.  I'm expecting a rather exorbitant "smart owner nuisance" charge.  I'm gonna buckle up my credit card!!!

That is extremely suspicious - either they've never done one or they make it up on the spot;  the 10K service is basically oil and filters, plus inspecting a few things.  Easy DIY, if you care to.

I'm more than capable, however, my smart is leased. Unless I'm mistaken, this REQUIRES me to have the service performed by MB. My nearest is MB of Seattle. Is there a way I could perform the service (or have it performed) locally? I'm not looking forward to a three hour drive anyway...
As a side note, at one point I was tempted to change the oil before 10, 000. I'm at 7, 000 now and the oil is blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!

Dan, I'd ask to see the requirement to have your leased smart serviced by M-B in writing; I know of at least one other leased smart where that isn't being done and there may be more.  I don't think any company can require that but I am not a leasing expert.

Dan Hennagir said:

I'm more than capable, however, my smart is leased. Unless I'm mistaken, this REQUIRES me to have the service performed by MB. My nearest is MB of Seattle. Is there a way I could perform the service (or have it performed) locally? I'm not looking forward to a three hour drive anyway...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

find a

smart center

go

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service