You may have seen this survey mentioned on the main page; if you've seen it what do you think about the options offered?  How about the locations?  The event in Kansas City went well because there were two enthusiastic smart centers willing to pitch in to make it a success, as well as a strong owners club (MO-KAN smartclub) to provide a pool of volunteers.  I'm not sure the same situation exists in St. Louis and Denver.  The largest groups of owners are on the east and west coasts - would it make more sense to have an event on each coast the next time around (as the Mini owners do) with a single national event every three years or so?

What are your thoughts?

Tags: nationals

Views: 87

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Have 100 people done the survey yet?

MJB

I vote for Floriday! lol Come on down this weekend!

MJB

Bob Storck said:

Now about two events, chosen geographically and spaced six months apart  to coincide with weather?

Say, Floriday in winter, and Denver in Summer?

Or San Diego, and Minneapolis?

Or Philadelphia and Tucson?

Aristocrat did a great job of putting on a dinner, but if we can count on smart USA to provide event organizational funding, having a local dealer is not a key element. Helpful, but I travel to see interesting places, not repair shops.

Cheers, Bob

I agree it would be nice to have an event on either the east or west coast in the future as well.  San Diego would be great for me but anywhere in California would be awesome!  I voted for Denver and Kansas City.  I'd be willing to drive to Denver, but that's about as far as I want to drive. If it is held in Kansas City again, I will fly out there to attend this time.  I was bummed I couldn't make the first meet!

keep the comments coming!

IMO it is more important now with the changeover that we ban together as owners and demonstrate our passion for our smarts.

The key thing is SOMEONE has to stand up and get the ball rolling.

Andy and Steve pretty much took the weight of the 2010 Kansas City effort, with others moving in and out, but mostly did ALL of the work them selves. SmartUSA was not active until the very end, and Aristocrat did not provide any starting funding or support. They were very important at the event, but it was a true grass roots effort.

Anyone who found fault only can blame themselves for not helping ... there was plenty of opportunity.

Most importantly, you need a core group to get the ball rolling. MBUSA is NOT going to do it.

Florida?

California?

Denver?

I'm willing to help remotly, but someone's gotta get the ball rolling.

Build it, and they will come is not that far off!

Cheers, Bob

I hope we pick Denver or OK CITY, OK. I voted!

Interim survey results will be ready next week. I got a peek tonight.

INSIDER takes the lead on the most votes.

I remember when I had a PT Cruiser they had a North American show get together in Niagara Falls Canada and we had over 500 PT's show up. But I would like to see maybe 3 shows 1=east coast, 1=west coast and 1=central and a National get together once every 3 years.But living in NH I'd go to Florida any time LOL also....Just my thought's

Interim survey results 3/12/11

69/100 available surveys completed

St. Louis and Denver in the lead

June and July 2012 are in the lead

The survey has been upgraded to be able to see the results when you complete it.

I had a hard time figuring out how to find the survey, bit then, I'm old and blase at times.

IMHO, the location should be posted on this site right at the beginning (not just check main page in an obscure mention) BOLDLY and often if needed. As below:

Click here to take the survey:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Y5TKT3M

Cheers, Bob in KC

These events should be held in more than one location.  Driving to Kansas City from the far corners of the USA is just too far.  There should be an East Coast and a West Coast event or perhaps even a North East, South East Central, South West and North West.
Ron, I for one agree.  One of the big complaints we got when organizing the KC event was "it's too far!"   No matter what locations are picked they will always be too far for someone, but 2 or even 4 "mini-Nationals" will generate more total turnout IMHO. 

Ron Stock said:
These events should be held in more than one location.  Driving to Kansas City from the far corners of the USA is just too far.  There should be an East Coast and a West Coast event or perhaps even a North East, South East Central, South West and North West.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

find a

smart center

go

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service