Just traded in my 2009 for a 2013.  I can't find it in any of the manuals but want to know about this round thing on the inside windshield by the rearview mirror. Is it part of a navigational system that isn't installed on my new model?  Or something else?  Any help is appreciated.   

Views: 52

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Its a rain/light sensor. So the windshield wipers can turn on automatically when it begins to rain or your headlights turn on automatically when it gets dark.

I personally dont care for it. Its not hard to turn your lights on when it gets dark or flip your wipers on when it begins to rain and you cant see out your windshield lol

Thank you - my 2009 didn't have it but I know the wipers came on when we were driving home from the dealer and my husband thought I had reached over and turned them on.  We  figured it was a sensor or GPS.  I've been trying to upload a new photo.  I will miss my blue smart.  

If you didn't get the manuals with your new car (??) you can download them from smart USA: http://owners.smartusa.com/My_Manuals.aspx  Hope you at least got both keys...

I got the manuals and just skimmed them and didn't see anything on the sensor.  Got both keys but no floor mats. They let me take my old ones.4

It's on pages 70-71 (for wipers) and page 65 (for the headlights) in the 2013 manual; called the rain-light sensor.

Merilee Mortenson said:

I got the manuals and just skimmed them and didn't see anything on the sensor.  Got both keys but no floor mats. They let me take my old ones.4

Reply to Discussion

RSS

find a

smart center

go

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service