Add me to the list I have a 2016 smart prime with fuel tank capacity problems. I can let my car get down to .7 of a gallon remaining in the tank, but can only pump approximately 5 gallons of gas into it. The tank capacity should be at least 7.7 gal. I've taken my car to Mercedes Benz repair shop 3 times and the problem has not been resolved. I had a 2009 smart fortwo for six years and could usually go approximately two weeks on a full tank of gas. I'm having to fill up my tank every 3 to 4 days in my new 2016 smart prime. This is very frustrating having to fill up my tank every 3 to 4 days and never really knowing for sure if the tank is really full as well as not knowing if it's really empty when the gauge says it is. It's stressful and scary that I may run out of gas and being a female I don't want to be stranded on the side of the road somewhere. I work hard for my money and when I purchased my 2016 smart car it was my understanding this car was an improved model and the best that Smart has to offer. After researching as well as reading other 2016 smart owners comments on forums, I learned many others are having the same problem. SMART and Mercedes-Benz need to resolve and repair this problem (or defect) as soon as possible!
Thank you,
Nance

Views: 268

Reply to This

find a

smart center

go

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos