What did you name YOUR smart car? C'mon...I know you did!

We named ours "itibiti" and, because I had over a year to think about it, I came up with a list of over 30 possibilities (obsessive much??).

Every time I drive it, I constantly see drivers in my rear-view mirror mouthing the word "i-t-i-b-i-t-i"...then they smile! Mission accomplished!

Check out the web site I built for it at www.itibitismart.com and, oh yeah...did you notice "itibiti" is also a palindrome?

Top that!

Views: 4986

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've never named my vehicles, it was always "called" by brand/model, the Jeep (my wifes Liberty), the smart (my car) or the PT (the PT Cruiser I traded in on the smart).

To me, naming vehicles is just as silly as giving human names to pet animals.

But apparently that's just me.......
RIGHT NOW I HAVE PICKED THE NAME OF (BULLY) BECAUSE MY SMART LOOKS LIKE MY BULLDOG INKIE. I MAY CHANGE THE NAME, BUT NOT SURE TO WHAT YET, I HAVE ONLY HAD MY SMART FOR 3 WEEKS.
BARRY
I named mt smart "The Smart". Whenever I am laving the house my wife will ask me "what car you using?" I always answer "The Smart". I do take the Saturn or our VW sometimes.
So I don't typically name things, and have NEVER named a car or other inannimate object... not even the mutliple pets in my classroom (I just tell the student the can call them what ever they respond to...)
But my smart is "the gerbil" (not to be mistaken for a hamster... ). Something about the car's personality just beckons for a name or at least a nick name.
Have had my Smart for over a year, and it has been 'Egg' since the day it came home. White exterior with orange leather seats (like a yolk). I've never named a car before, but this car seemed to want to be named. Got to go with it!
My Smartie is white with black; I named it Casper (as in the friendly ghost). I had it detailed and have Casper, the actual ghost, on both doors. Just to keep life interesting the ring tone for my cell phone is also "Casper the Friendly ghost". I'll post an updated picture soon.
Our Smart is named Squirt. The big truck is called Overkill. We don;t have a vanity plate, yet.
Attachments:
Very cute. My sister named her smarty and it just stuck, but my three year old granddaughter calls her grannys smart carlol.

smartwest said:
I call mine "the smartie bugger"
I named my blue/silver cabriolet, KARTOON. Just waiting on the plates!
i'm considering several names. bought the baby 12/30/09 & don't have to pay registration again until october. possible plates: smrtl80, smrtl8e, smrtldy, bnznano, babybnz... i have a whole list that i pore over occasionally. as for her name (she is a she), i may just keep calling her 'the baby' or might name her lady. i've never had a car with a personality before.
Barb,

You started your email, "When I bought the baby..." which suggests to me thata "Baby" would be a good name. Instinct counts for a lot! What color do you have? You could call a blue one, Baby Blue, (red) Red Babe or Blazin' Babe, (yellow) Baby Bee, etc. or maybe Babe or Baby strike you. Go with your gut. I didn't name Casper for a couple of months and one day I just knew. :-) Jan

barb gibbs said:
i'm considering several names. bought the baby 12/30/09 & don't have to pay registration again until october. possible plates: smrtl80, smrtl8e, smrtldy, bnznano, babybnz... i have a whole list that i pore over occasionally. as for her name (she is a she), i may just keep calling her 'the baby' or might name her lady. i've never had a car with a personality before.
I named mine "Piaf" - means little bird or sparrow in French.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

find a

smart center

go

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service