What did you name YOUR smart car? C'mon...I know you did!

We named ours "itibiti" and, because I had over a year to think about it, I came up with a list of over 30 possibilities (obsessive much??).

Every time I drive it, I constantly see drivers in my rear-view mirror mouthing the word "i-t-i-b-i-t-i"...then they smile! Mission accomplished!

Check out the web site I built for it at www.itibitismart.com and, oh yeah...did you notice "itibiti" is also a palindrome?

Top that!

Views: 5083

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Just put on the vanity plate this week. I selected CHOCULA for the metallic chocolate brown paint.

i love the most recent names posted. gordon, what year is your baby? and sandra, i just saw a smart in a movie i was watching, your name reminded me of it. it might have been 'death at a funeral,' but maybe not. it could also have been some awful horror thing that i didn't finish watching :)

bill, i have considered bnznano or nanobnz but am leaning more toward smrtl80 these days (that's an 'L'). a co-worker suggested smrtldy but i'd rather make people work a little... :) renewal is due in october, so if anyone wants to suggest anything, now is the time.
Mine is "LIL GUY"
Call our yellow/black smart Picachu from the Japanese cartoon. Just look at that front end.
barb,

It's a 2010 limited edition highstyle --only 130 in Canada. Here's an article:
http://network.nationalpost.com/NP/blogs/posteddriving/archive/2010...

barb gibbs said:
i love the most recent names posted. gordon, what year is your baby? and sandra, i just saw a smart in a movie i was watching, your name reminded me of it. it might have been 'death at a funeral,' but maybe not. it could also have been some awful horror thing that i didn't finish watching :)

bill, i have considered bnznano or nanobnz but am leaning more toward smrtl80 these days (that's an 'L'). a co-worker suggested smrtldy but i'd rather make people work a little... :) renewal is due in october, so if anyone wants to suggest anything, now is the time.
thanks for sharing the link, i've sent it to friends and family who insist on believing the car isn't safe on the road. i especially liked the comment about big trucks not being a problem.

i love chocula's color. i'm really happy with my all-fabric seats. did it happen to come with cruise?

barb
No cruise control; although that can be added aftermarket. I just learned that smart Canada will offer cruise control on 2011 models. The highstyle is essentially a tricked out passion with most of the toys -- mine came with pretty much everything except for an alarm and the tire pressure sensors. One of the reasons I bought it was that I found that the 2010 Passion didn't come with a number of things I wanted. My highstyle had been Benz employee-driven, so I got a nice discount as well.

Here's the flier for the highstyle.

http://assets.mercedes-benz.ca/highstyle_en.pdf

barb gibbs said:
thanks for sharing the link, i've sent it to friends and family who insist on believing the car isn't safe on the road. i especially liked the comment about big trucks not being a problem.

i love chocula's color. i'm really happy with my all-fabric seats. did it happen to come with cruise?

barb
Well, I'm waiting for my 2011 Smart to arrive...but I think I'm calling it Spock. It's only logical to drive a Smart. :)
We have a Damon Outlaw RV to carry our Smart Car. The Outlaw is Bonanza and we named our Smart Car Jelly Bean
I have just had my little Smart for one week and I'm loving it!!
 My husband came up with her name 'Carriad Bach' welsh for 'little darling!'
I think it suits her right down to the ground!! 
Loving some of you're names, it's good to be a Smarette!!!  Hee hee xx

All my vehicles are named <Something>Bit, as I'm a software professional:

Bounder RV: BigBit
Jeep: 4WBit
F350 Diesel: TuffBit 
5th Wheel: TowBit
Prindle Catamaran: FloatBit

Smart: HalfBit

As to the question, "Why would anyone name a car?"

A: Because we are creatures of association and imagination.  And we like to project personalities into the things with which we interact.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

find a

smart center

go

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service