I recently purchased a 2009 Passion. Occassionally and this has happened only three times. As I am trying to accelerate from a stop postion the check engine light will turn on and the tranmission starts to run rough. What i have done is to pull over, turn off the car and everything is all right. On visit number 1 the dealer changed the coil pack . On visit number 2 to the dealership a MISFIRE CODE was stored and they changed a plug and wire in cylinder #2. During a test drive the car acted up again giving a MISFIRE code. This time they changed a sensor. I have nothing bad to say about the dealership. They are all very helpful and want to reslove this issue as bad as I do. I love my smart and all I want is them to fix whats broken. MY question to someone or anyone out there....Has anyone had these similiar problems currently or in the pass. Thanks

Views: 120

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

At a little under 10,000 miles and 1-1/2 years old, my check engine light came on (NOT a loose gas cap per other discussions). When I took it back to my dealer, I was told I have misfire code meaning a faulty cylinder head with a bad valve which needs to be ordered and replaced. Dealer set us up with a rental car and my "Ladybug" will be in the shop for close to a week before the cylinder head will be replaced. It had been running fine up until this - no warning of a problem. All is covered under extended warranty, so no cost - just inconveniece and worry - do I have a lemon?
HELLO LINDA..
.AFTER ABOUT TWO MONTHS THAT MY SMART WAS IN THE SHOP THEY FINALLY REPLACED THE CYLINDER HEAD. BUT ONCE THAT WAS FIXED , ANOTHER CHECK ENGINE CODE CAME UP. THAT WAS THE FINAL STRAW FOR ME. THIS WAS THE FORTH CHECK ENGINE LIGHT PROBLEM THAT I HAD SO SMART USA TOOK MY CAR BACK UNDER LEMON LAW. KEEP ACCURATE RECORDS AND GET NAMES. I FOLLOW A SMALL RULE "GET A NAME AND SHARE THE BLAME" IF I DIDNT KEEP ACCURATE RECORDS I PROBABLY WOULD HAVE THE CAR STILL. ALSO STAY ON TOP OF THEEM. I MEAN THE SERVCE ADVISOR. CALL THEM EVERYDAY IF YOU HAVE TOO TO FIND OUT THE STATUS OF YOUR CAR. IF YOU FEEL YOU ARE NOT GETTING NO WHERE AND YOUR GETTING THE RUN AROUND CALL SMART USA 800 NUMBER AND ASK TO SPEAK TO YOUR LOCAL REGIONAL MANAGER WHICH IS IN CHARGE OF THAT DEALERSHIP. ALSO CALL SMART USA AND COMPLAIN TO THEM IF YOU ARE NOT HAPPY OR IF YOU CONTINUE TO HAVE PROBLEMS. GOOD LUCK AND I HOPE THIS WAS HELPFUL....
U
MARCO said:
HELLO LINDA..
.AFTER ABOUT TWO MONTHS THAT MY SMART WAS IN THE SHOP THEY FINALLY REPLACED THE CYLINDER HEAD. BUT ONCE THAT WAS FIXED , ANOTHER CHECK ENGINE CODE CAME UP. THAT WAS THE FINAL STRAW FOR ME. THIS WAS THE FORTH CHECK ENGINE LIGHT PROBLEM THAT I HAD SO SMART USA TOOK MY CAR BACK UNDER LEMON LAW. KEEP ACCURATE RECORDS AND GET NAMES. I FOLLOW A SMALL RULE "GET A NAME AND SHARE THE BLAME" IF I DIDNT KEEP ACCURATE RECORDS I PROBABLY WOULD HAVE THE CAR STILL. ALSO STAY ON TOP OF THEEM. I MEAN THE SERVCE ADVISOR. CALL THEM EVERYDAY IF YOU HAVE TOO TO FIND OUT THE STATUS OF YOUR CAR. IF YOU FEEL YOU ARE NOT GETTING NO WHERE AND YOUR GETTING THE RUN AROUND CALL SMART USA 800 NUMBER AND ASK TO SPEAK TO YOUR LOCAL REGIONAL MANAGER WHICH IS IN CHARGE OF THAT DEALERSHIP. ALSO CALL SMART USA AND COMPLAIN TO THEM IF YOU ARE NOT HAPPY OR IF YOU CONTINUE TO HAVE PROBLEMS. GOOD LUCK AND I HOPE THIS WAS HELPFUL....
U

Mmmm - Mark - please find and use the shift key. Reading all capitals is really tough to do . . .
Thanks~!
Have to agree with Dan, although i think finding the Caps Lock key would be more useful than finding the Shift key. all caps = bad.
instead of you both providing good input on this topic all you are worried about is about me writing in CAPS.....HOW IS WRITING IN CAPS TOUGH TO DO....PROVIDE GOOD INPUT ON A TOPIC OR DONT WRITE ANYTHING AT ALL!!!
Marco: first off.... if you had read Dan's post a bit more than 5 seconds, you'd have noticed that he said READING all caps is tough.... not writing. Though i'm not even sure it's a matter of reading all caps being tough as it is the idea of reading all caps being irritating, and is generally seen as someone basically yelling instead of talking.

On top of that.... you just said in your last comment that they took the car back under the lemon law..... so why exactly would we be REQUIRED to post some helpful information for you if you no longer have the issue?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

find a

smart center

go

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service