I read on the scoa website that smart was going to offer a tranny
upgrade so it would shift better. ( like the 09's).
Reducing a lot of the shift lag.
Has anyone heard about this or when the release date is?

Just a little F.Y.I. for you all.

John

Views: 23

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I Have the update on My 08 and I Love it! They put it in When I did my 20000 mile service. Makes a big change in starts and when you are doing the start and stop thing. the shifting from 1st to 2nd is a lot better. I was having a lot of over rev from 1st to 2nd but not any more. it also don't feel like it wants to jump off the line anymore at the stop lights. It makes it feel a lot like an auto trany. you still have the shift pause but it is better. I LOVE the update
Was at the Mercedes dealer for 3 hours yesterday (03/27/09) getting mine done. There were other recalls that had to be done in addition to the upgrade to the transmission/engine software including replacing the battery and holder, replacing the vehicle label, replacing the VIN Label and replacing the owners manual (which I think they forgot to do.)

The shifting has improved, I haven't noticed that weird hesitation that happens when you are moving between slowing down and speeding up, like the car doesn't know what to do at that odd in between speed. It seems others have had that same problem. It's also cool to be able to go into manual mode on the fly right from the paddles.
I was called by smart Center Boston this week and am going in for the upgrade in a few days.
Had it done Friday, 3/27/09...What a difference...It is great!!!
Had mine re-flashed and I do notice some improvement in the shifting. However, my MPG has increased from 36-38 to 40-44. Any correllation, or is it due to the number of miles on the car (break-in) which just went over 4,000.
Bill
I don't really know if the transmission re-programming will indeed improve mileage, but I've noticed an improvement in the last couple of fill ups as well. I'm thinking it's the spring/summer reformulation of the gas, since I had a drop toward the last part of November. I was getting an average of 36 around town during the winter... more like 39 or 40 in combined highway/city driving. Now I'm getting closer to 39 around town, and I got 49 on a 150 mile trip with virtually no stops or slowing earlier this past week.

Bill and Sally Hilchey said:
Had mine re-flashed and I do notice some improvement in the shifting. However, my MPG has increased from 36-38 to 40-44. Any correllation, or is it due to the number of miles on the car (break-in) which just went over 4,000.
Bill
Cains10 said:
It has been done, along with a new battery. The reprogrammed transmission is FANTASTIC. The new improved battery was a surprise. I didn't know I was getting one until I picked up the car.

So they are putting new batteries in also? I only have 2500 miles on my 2008, but may take it in early for the shift software.
Yes, I just had it done, drives much smoother, they also gave me a new stronger battery...all this no charge...I just got the notice in the mail about 3 weeks ago and had it done last week...I'm thinking I'm going to see a big increase in my mpgs...
I didn't wait for any notice from Smart, I just called Smart of Boston Thursday and was in today to get it done. Got a new larger battery, transmission update, emissions control information label, and new operator's manual. Did notice a difference, and enjoyed the shifting feature.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

find a

smart center

go

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service