Does anyone else have this problem? Both doors have a rattle that souds like the connection from the door handle to the lock is rattling. Any help or info would be appreciated.

Views: 23

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ive never noticed that at all and Ive driven my cabrio at pretty high speeds and pn rough roads.
Mine does the same thing. Plan on talking to the techs at the smartcenter on my next trip in. Currently Max has 1300 miles on him. The problem is the smartcenter is 250 miles away.

DowneasTTer
Orrington, Me
08 Cab silver/black/red
Yes, same problem but driver's door only on my coupe. Noticed it within a few days of ownership. Happens when road is bumpy. Hope to get it fixed on next visit.
I know this thread is a bit old but I thought it might be good to add some information for others searching about this problem.

I have a squeak (some say rattle) in both doors and the rear hatch. I have a cabrio which I think might have the issue more because of the additional body movement. The problem is caused by the movement of the doors and hatch against the rubber seals. It can be quickly and easily corrected by lubing the seals. I've only used a dry lubricant (graphite) so far and it only lasts a short time. I'll be trying other lubricants but I'm not really sure which way to go. I'm a bit reluctant to try a grease since it will tend to gather dust. Anyone have this problem and find a good solution?
YES, MINE STARTED THE DAY AFTER I GOT IT HOME, HUNDREDS OF MILES FROM THE DEALERSHIP. I'VE CALLED AND REALLY DIDNT GET AN ANSWER. MINE SOUNDS LIKE IT IS BEHIND THE OUTSIDE DOOR HANDLE ON THE PASSENGER SIDE AND GETS REALLY LOUD AT TIMES. IF YOU GET AN ANSWER TO SOLVING THIS PLEASE POST IT! THANKS
Bobby - You must be quite upset since you are yelling in all CAPS!

If your rattle/squeak is the same as mine then it's easy to locate. Stand outside the car with the door closed and push down hard on the top edge of the door near the handle. On mine I get the squeak doing that and I can put my ear down to where it's coming from. It is quite clearly the seal and putting graphite on it immediately eliminates the noise. It comes back in a few days though.
DEREK,
SORRY ABOUT THE ALL CAPS BUT I AM TO LAZY TO CHANGE LETTER SIZES AND IT LOOKS BETTER THAN ALL SMALL LETTERS.
THE NOISE WE ARE HEARING IS A DEFINITE RATTLE AND NOT A SQUEAK. I TRIED THE GRAPHITE AND IT MADE NO CHANGE.
THE RATTLE IS IN THE DRIVERS DOOR INSIDE OF THE OUTER HANDLE.
THANKS,
JOE
I wonder why it shows me cursing in my prior post? ("Stand outside the car with the door closed and push down +!@#$ the top edge of the door near the handle.") I didn't mean to cuss! It's supposed to be "on".

Anyway, I guess I can't help with your rattle. It must be something loose in the handle/door lock assembly.
Just took a trip and noticed for the first time, at about 70 to 75 mph distinct rattle in the drivers door. Seems if I pushed on the lower rear part of the door it would stop. Anyone have any ideas???
Bobby said:
YES, MINE STARTED THE DAY AFTER I GOT IT HOME, HUNDREDS OF MILES FROM THE DEALERSHIP. I'VE CALLED AND REALLY DIDNT GET AN ANSWER. MINE SOUNDS LIKE IT IS BEHIND THE OUTSIDE DOOR HANDLE ON THE PASSENGER SIDE AND GETS REALLY LOUD AT TIMES. IF YOU GET AN ANSWER TO SOLVING THIS PLEASE POST IT! THANKS
Took Smarty pack to the dealer and 2 weeks later and many parts removed and tested no fix in sight. Up date sorry we can not fix the rattle. SOLD CAR No more rattle
Radical FIX...BUT... Effective...!!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

find a

smart center

go

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC.