Hello my friends, does the Smart Car allows you to connect the ipod, car lighter, please post pictures

thanks in advance...

Views: 386

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There is a jack in the glove compartment. I don't have a picture.
My Passion with the radio upgrade has the jack in the glove compartment - we bought a cheap cable at Radio Shack and it works great.
The only problem with connecting your IPod into the glovebox jack with a basic cable is that it only plays your IPod through your in-car stereo and does not recharge the IPod at the same time. I recently purchased a cable on EBay which allows you to plug your IPod into the glove back jack as well as the power port below to keep the IPod charged. In also comes with a harness to plug into video jacks, but this doesn't have to be connected becuase there's no way to show video on your car stereo anyway.
I did both ipod and portable XM throught the glove box.
It is a very nice feature.
My problem is sound, even with the volume turned to max I cannot hear ipod or xm with the windows down.
Does anyone have a solution to this
bob said:
I did both ipod and portable XM throught the glove box.
It is a very nice feature.
My problem is sound, even with the volume turned to max I cannot hear ipod or xm with the windows down.
Does anyone have a solution to this

BOB get an AMP and good speakers!
It sound great on my brabus. BOB try to adjust your volume on the ipod it self. it my work better with the window down.
Ray, what's the name and/or item number from ebay so that I can locate it on the site? I would be interested in getting one that charges the ipod as well. Thanks in advance.
Here is my setup.

CubeFX said:
Here is my setup.

Pretty slick set up !!

I have a cig adapter plugged into mine, I have the audio cable stuck along side the close glovebox door, iTouch resting in the cupholder. Your set up is much cleaner. I may have to steal your idea ! Only difference is I'll paint the bracket black to make it appear more "factory".
There are a number of these on EBay under Smart Car Parts. Look for the set-up that hooks up to your IPOD and has three cables, one to the plug in for the glove box (speakers), one to the power port/cigarette lighter, and one with a white and yellow plug in for video (you won't use this one). The person selling these on EBay said you could cut this one off for our application.

Ed said:
Ray, what's the name and/or item number from ebay so that I can locate it on the site? I would be interested in getting one that charges the ipod as well. Thanks in advance.
Hi Ishnar

Actually, it's easy to install the ipod cable and take 5-10 mins. Pls check the following link and attached file for details (installation guide).

http://www.smartpitstop.com/en/products_details.php?id=6

ernest@smartpitstop.com
Attachments:
Ray thats the cable I have, I ran it under the radio bezel and it looks great. power, audio output (to radio jack) and even video output. By the way the major difference with this set up to a regular radio jack cable is that you don't use the Ipods internal amp, The signal is sent "cleaner" and un-amplified to the radio to amp... A much better way by far.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

find a

smart center

go

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service