Will playing the radio with the key out, or in off postion run the battery down? Or is it like the accessories position on most other cars? On our old Buick, we could put the key in the accessories position and play the radio for hours and not run the battery down.

Views: 49

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

1) READ THE OWNERS MANUAL!!
2) If you turn the radio on with the key out,it will stay on for 20 or 30 min(I'm not sure)
3) AGAIN , READ THE MANUAL !!
This SHOULD be one of the FIRST things you do with ANYTHING new you buy!!!

(doesn't anyone understand this)
john said:
1) READ THE OWNERS MANUAL!!
2) If you turn the radio on with the key out,it will stay on for 20 or 30 min(I'm not sure)
3) AGAIN , READ THE MANUAL !!
This SHOULD be one of the FIRST things you do with ANYTHING new you buy!!!

(doesn't anyone understand this)

And the winner of the polite, helpful reply contest is...
He's only telling the truth. there's a good chance Diana's question would be answered in the manual.

And listening to the radio without the car running will drain the battery in ANY car. It's not like it's powered by sunshine and puppies when the car is turned off. The only thing is depending on the battery, the radio could be played for quite a while, while smaller cars that might have smaller batteries.... not so much. Kinda like when i was last at the Drive-In.... watched one movie, started the car for a bit. when the next movie came on, turned the car off and left the radio on (when i say "car", i mean Dodge Durango). After the movie was over, my friends and i started cleaning up, and all of a sudden heard a funny noise. I look at the little Saturn or Toyota or whatever it was that was next to us..... their car wouldn't start. they didn't start their car between movies to give their battery a bit of extra juice just in case. Wound up having to jump their car before leaving, which sucked cause it was already like 1:30-2:00 AM.
Guess I missed the 20 min. thing, while I was reading the manual, have had the car for 2 days. I'll take another look at that section. Appreciate the info. I know it will run it down eventually, if left on long enough, just wondered if it would run it down the same as having the key turned to 1st position.

On our old pick up, we could also leave the radio on for quite a while without worrying about the battery going dead in the accessories position. But on it and our Buick, you didn't dare to that with key in turned to the 1st position, would have been dead in no time.

I'll keep reading.
Ryan said:
He's only telling the truth. there's a good chance Diana's question would be answered in the manual.

"Telling the truth" does not excuse a lack of courtesy...

There are myriad of ways this could have been said that would have been more useful to the forum as a whole...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

find a

smart center

go

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service