Has anyone gotten a "speeding ticket" yet? I was stopped on US-95 South by Fla Hwy Patrol radar.... The officer said I was doing 85 in a 70 zone. I told him to write the ticket because my car won't do 85..it must have been another car he was pointing his radar at. After looking over my car.. he let me go..no ticket ..no warning... Love this car

Views: 989

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

haha, nice little white lie there.
Eighty-five or 6..Chuck
I never get that lucky!
Ken & Cheryl Gonska said:
I never get that lucky!
I'm not usually that lucky either ...the officer noted that my speedometer went to 100...to which I replyed your patrol car speedometer goes to 140 ..will it do it? I really think he just wanted to look at my Smart..Chucky
Just tell him it just LOOKS like it's going that fast because it's so small~! LOL - glad you got away with a cool officer. . .
58 in a 45. Talked him outta it.
Tall Bill said:
58 in a 45. Talked him outta it.
my smart was told that it gets a ticket for doing 75 on the 65mph highway. That was the visual assessment (yes, you can get a ticket on an "impression" of speed around here). So I guess
my smart looked bouncy on the road thus looked like speeding.. :( :( :(
I have a radar detector, I get a few giggles and smirks from friends because the car does not look like a speed demon. But I also don't get speeding tickets, so, I get the last laugh :)
Unfortunately cant have them here in California. It wouldn't help anyway because you can get a ticket on a visual assessment of the speed - no radar needed. And quess what? Smart doing 65 just looks like it is going 75 because it is so short and bouncy.
So you get a $1000 dollar ticket here for going 10 miles over 65 because the car just looks like going faster than it is.

Seumas said:
I have a radar detector, I get a few giggles and smirks from friends because the car does not look like a speed demon. But I also don't get speeding tickets, so, I get the last laugh :)
Dariusz said:
Unfortunately cant have them here in California. It wouldn't help anyway because you can get a ticket on a visual assessment of the speed - no radar needed. And quess what? Smart doing 65 just looks like it is going 75 because it is so short and bouncy.
So you get a $1000 dollar ticket here for going 10 miles over 65 because the car just looks like going faster than it is.

DAYM! That sucks man :(

Seumas said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

find a

smart center

go

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service