Has anyone gotten a "speeding ticket" yet? I was stopped on US-95 South by Fla Hwy Patrol radar.... The officer said I was doing 85 in a 70 zone. I told him to write the ticket because my car won't do 85..it must have been another car he was pointing his radar at. After looking over my car.. he let me go..no ticket ..no warning... Love this car

Views: 1005

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I would have said, "Oh no sir, this is not Fred Flintstones car, this one has an acutal motor that requires no pedaling. =8-))))

When I first got my cabrio in Jan 2008, I was on the interstate and wanted to see what it would do.

State trooper on a motorcycle pulled me over.  Said he had tagged me at 93 1/2MPH.

Then asked if he could test drive my smart.

He had the badge and a gun, so of course I let him drive.

Down to the next off ramp and back to his parked bike.

When we pulled up next to his Harley he laughed cause his bike was longer than the smart.

Was going to let me go with just a verbal warning, but I asked him if he would please write me a warning to document my speed.

So he did.  I had it framed and hung it on the wall of my office at the smart center, boss made me take it down.

"We don't want to advertise how fast it till go."

that's awesome! what a great story to share. where did this take place?

I can hardly wait to give this answer -

Sir, for me this car can go only as fast as the speed limit will allow. For you, you can drive it as fast as you can get it to, which is about 90 MPH.

How funny. Yes I got a ticket 3 days after purchase. I have a Orange smart. Police officer said I was speeding in a school zone, but there was no school signs or lites. did 35 in 25mph. I was in KC mo , very poor area. I think I really stood out. I asked him where the school was. He indicated a brick building , no sign stating it was a school so I dont know if I got dooped or what. I just paid it and went on. It was a bad area.
Jen ... You paid the cop there ..... are you sure it was a cop, I think you were had!!

Jennifer Ulitschan said:
How funny. Yes I got a ticket 3 days after purchase. I have a Orange smart. Police officer said I was speeding in a school zone, but there was no school signs or lites. did 35 in 25mph. I was in KC mo , very poor area. I think I really stood out. I asked him where the school was. He indicated a brick building , no sign stating it was a school so I dont know if I got dooped or what. I just paid it and went on. It was a bad area.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

find a

smart center

go

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service