just got my car back today, I didn't even make it home and it died on me again!!! now I am certain I made a mistake in my purchase. Smart doesn't even offer loaners. most others do. so once again I sit for hours in the heat waiting to be towed back to where I just left!

Views: 21

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I got a loaner from them when mine went in on warranty service!!!!! you better talk them straight....
I asked about a loaner and they said they didn't have that setup yet. All they do is send someone to pick you up and drop you off. Yesterday I had to take a cab to go pick up my car and then of course I didn't even get home and spent another few hours waiting on a tow truck etc.
What city is your dealer located in? Just curious. Thanks
I am in Miami Florida
8 days, and they still have my car and do not know what is wrong with it.................... :(
Time to review the Florida Lemon Law: http://www.800helpfla.com/lemonlaw.html You could end up with a new smart out of this.

Seumas said:
8 days, and they still have my car and do not know what is wrong with it.................... :(
Oh trust me I already have, and I have already talked to my lawyer. He said that if/when i get it back if it breaks down again we will pursue it. I have lost time at work, missed appointments etc over this. I'm not a happy camper right now. But, with all the negative stuff I have written I feel it is only fair to say the people at the dealership are being very good about it and are trying to figure out what's going wrong. My beef is with the manufacturer for providing me with a defective car, and the fact that they do not even provide a loaner or rental. Some of us only have one car and to be without transportation for over a week, is unacceptable in my opinion.

Despite all the problems I am having I still absolutely love the car, i just want it working. My preferred outcome would be for them to find the issue and fix it so I can drive my car worry free. But, if they cannot and I truly have a defective car then I absolutely want a new one.
Seumas said:
I asked about a loaner and they said they didn't have that setup yet. All they do is send someone to pick you up and drop you off. Yesterday I had to take a cab to go pick up my car and then of course I didn't even get home and spent another few hours waiting on a tow truck etc.

No loaner? That's B.S. I had a warranty issue with my car and they had a choice of loaner smarts availa for me (for free). They even offered me a cabriolet since that is what I currently have. (Chandler, AZ dealership).

It's the dealership's fault you are not getting a loaner car. Don't let them tell you anything else.
Really sorry to hear your plight. Luckily from what I see on this and other sites is that most people are not having major problems with the smart. No car can be perfect and there are a few people that have had major issues. I would be more concerned if many people were having major issues. The dealer should help you out with a loaner. Why they wont do that only means they are not customer service oriented. Also, there is not a lot of profit in a smart so it is easier for Lexus and Audi dealers to offer loaners. And the dealerships are new and are not doing a ton of service yet so there is another area that is not providing revenue for the dealership. Good luck.
Well, I got my car back again today and this time I made it home lol. Seems they found a short somewhere in the vicinity of the gas tank. It was part of the wire harness that feeds power to the fuel pump. It is what caused my fuel pump fuse to blow last Wed and strand me for the 2nd time, We'll see how it goes now that I have my car back.
Boy, that was a tough one! Intermittent problems are really tough. I hope this solves it for you. Good luck.
Thanks, I hope it solves it too. I hate bumming rides from people lol

Reply to Discussion

RSS

find a

smart center

go

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC.