just got my car back today, I didn't even make it home and it died on me again!!! now I am certain I made a mistake in my purchase. Smart doesn't even offer loaners. most others do. so once again I sit for hours in the heat waiting to be towed back to where I just left!

Views: 22

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

July 1 and almost 500 miles later and my Smart is still running fine. Now I feel a little more confident about taking a road trip.
Very similar to my story... my smart didn't make it home from the dealer first day...
they thought it was the battery... worked for two days.. then would not start..
They had it for 4 days.. but they did give me a loaner...
they found an electrical short near the engine...
Been a couple of weeks not with no problems...
Hope yours and my electrical problems were all there were and we will be fine from here on out.

Louis
New Orleans

Seumas said:
July 1 and almost 500 miles later and my Smart is still running fine. Now I feel a little more confident about taking a road trip.
That is basically what they found on mine. A short on a wiring harness. The wire that was shorting out was the one that powers the fuel pump and was causeing the fuel pump fues to blow when it shorted out. They had to drop the gas tank to find it. I am now thinking there might be a few bad wiring harnesses out there. Lets hope if that is the problem they recognize it so if it happens to anyone else they will not have to wait so long for it to be identified and repaired like we did. Waiting is way over rated lol
The shorts may be linked to the 30 angry Algerians assembling Smarts in France...
LOL
I hate angry Algerians, especially when assembling Smarts in France lol
Hey Seamus & Louis. Out of curiosity - not asking for your full VIN, but what are the last 6 of your VIN's? That may be a clue later on to anyone that runs across this thread with a similar problem. If your VIN's are close - we could have a winner for a bad run of harnesses.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

find a

smart center

go

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service