Has anyone had a problem with their sliding sun shade on their Passion?

Views: 158

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

yep lots of shades have been replace by the dealers under warranty, check with yours and I'll bet you qualify for the replacement if yours is hard to move of it just falls of the track
Some of the shades on the early cars were problematic. There is supposed to be an improved design shade available at your smart center for replacement. It is also a good idea to lube the side rails with silicone spray periodically.
My shade would bind up but after lubing the rails and being careful not to jam or force it, it now works reasonably well. I will keep it closed for the summer as I have placed a reflective shield between the roof and shade for the summer.

When I first purchased my 4-two SmartCar in 2008 I could not move the Retractable Sun Screen, the Dealer (supposedly) fixed it. I have not used it since. Recently I noticed the first two (front) screws were loose. At my 20,000 mi service i asked that they be tightened. At pickup I was told the technician glued them in. On the way home, on the interstate doing 65 MPH, the entire screen came loose except for one screw on the drivers side (thank god). Upon inspecting the original installation it was apparent that 6 of the 10 screw connectors were never installed.

Hi, Donald. We'd like to help. Please message us with an email address or phone number where a customer service rep can reach you directly.

Donald Pastore said:

When I first purchased my 4-two SmartCar in 2008 I could not move the Retractable Sun Screen, the Dealer (supposedly) fixed it. I have not used it since. Recently I noticed the first two (front) screws were loose. At my 20,000 mi service i asked that they be tightened. At pickup I was told the technician glued them in. On the way home, on the interstate doing 65 MPH, the entire screen came loose except for one screw on the drivers side (thank god). Upon inspecting the original installation it was apparent that 6 of the 10 screw connectors were never installed.

I rarely use my sunscreen. Leave it open in winter, shut it in the summer. I noticed it was rattling and mentioned it when I had it in for service.

Supposedly it is connect to the glass sunroof and when the attachments to that break, you have to replace the WHOLE ROOF!! Seriously? I stuff bubble wrap between it and the ceiling to prevent the rattling.

never had a problem sliding but disappointed there is a scratch down the center of my roof :(

Don Pastore, azpastore@yahoo.com

Reply to Discussion

RSS

find a

smart center

go

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC.