SmartCanada gives its new car buyers a THREE year warranty and THREE year FREE MAINTENANCE...Come on Penske,cough it up !!!

Views: 110

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Their taxes are higher,so the Smart costs more in Canada...
Apples and oranges (Canada vs. US warranties) PAG is the US importer; Mercedes imports the Canadian cars. The warranty was discussed at the Midwest Rally in June; Dave Schembri re-stated what he has all along - the 24 month base warranty was provided to keep overall cost of the car lower. If an individual buyers needs a longer warranty, they can purchase the various extended service contracts offered by their smart centers.

In the UK, smarts come with a 2 years / unlimited miles warranty. All varies by the importer.

BTW, check out the standard equipment list on Canadian cars vs. the US cars - the Canadian cars tend to have more options as "standard" resulting in higher MSRP. It ain't all taxes.
That is why I purchased a 7 year extended warranty from Warranty Direct---Better coverage for less cost than the Smart dealer's warranty...The cost for Penske adding a third year of warranty to SmartUSA is negligible, and is more a measure of his greed...If it doesn't break in the first two years or 24,000 miles,it is unlikely to break in the next 12 months or 12,000 miles...I suspect that high estimates by KBB and Edmunds for repairs on the Smart is a function of high cost "Mercedes" parts and Penske labor rates...
Robert Stout said:
That is why I purchased a 7 year extended warranty from Warranty Direct---Better coverage for less cost than the Smart dealer's warranty...The cost for Penske adding a third year of warranty to SmartUSA is negligible, and is more a measure of his greed...If it doesn't break in the first two years or 24,000 miles,it is unlikely to break in the next 12 months or 12,000 miles...I suspect that high estimates by KBB and Edmunds for repairs on the Smart is a function of high cost "Mercedes" parts and Penske labor rates...
smart has a FOUR year, 80,000 km warranty in Canada. Right now you can get a pure for $11900 CAD -up to $3K factory incentives.
Robert: how much did you pay for that 7 year warranty? I paid an extra $1,800 for a 5 year/50,000 mile warranty plus the wheel and tire package. I don't find that to be absurd, especially the wheel and tire package since both of those can get quite expensive quite quickly.

Oh, and i guess you should hope that you won't have a hassle trying to get your car fixed through Warranty Direct when your dealer warranty runs out. Last thing i'd want is to have an outside company handling a warranty...
Ryan said:
Robert: how much did you pay for that 7 year warranty? I paid an extra $1,800 for a 5 year/50,000 mile warranty plus the wheel and tire package. I don't find that to be absurd, especially the wheel and tire package since both of those can get quite expensive quite quickly.

Oh, and i guess you should hope that you won't have a hassle trying to get your car fixed through Warranty Direct when your dealer warranty runs out. Last thing i'd want is to have an outside company handling a warranty...

I negotiated Warranty Direct down $150.00 on my Passion,so the price was $1237 for 7 year/60,000 mile... I went with that package because I don't drive very many miles per year...It is 0 deductible,the dealer is paid directly so you don't have to pay and then submit a claim,and it includes towing , rental car, and limited trip interruption coverage...
Mike T said:
smart has a FOUR year, 80,000 km warranty in Canada. Right now you can get a pure for $11900 CAD -up to $3K factory incentives.

I stand corrected...Penske is a real cheapskate....
Might as well change the title of this thread to "Penske IS a cheapskate!!!" The OP has his mind made up and was really asking a rhetorical question.
Next time buy aToyota.
24 month Warranty may be more telling than We want to know... We may find that our Car's go from "Prince to Frog" OR "Princess to Pumpkin" at the END of 24 Months...<:-(( ~ I guess I will be Buying that Extended Warranty...YUP ~ If Penske is afraid of the Car after 24 Months not to Warranty it any longer, maybe WE should Be Afraid to...!!!...???

Resume Speed
Jim Yedor said:
Next time buy aToyota.

I bought a Smart, not a Penske...Penske is the lemon...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

find a

smart center

go

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service