Hello, newbie here, just picked up my 2009 Cabrio last night. Loving it, took a long ride today with the wife, had a great time and smiled when I refueled !! I got 41 mpg and that was going a constant 70 with the A/C on the entire time !! Ya gotta love that.

My question is; I spent my entire youth driving Jeeps. The common mantra was, "Don't lock the doors, it's cheaper to replace what was stolen then to replace what was stolen AND a new top !" because someone will cut the top to get in.

What's the common feeling here ? Lock 'em ? No ? I lock them out of habit right now, and I believe I read in the owners manual that the doors lock automatically after 60 seconds, making any choice moot.

Has anyone had the 'puter reprogrammed to not lock the doors ? Is this even possible ?

Views: 8

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think the doors only RE-lock if you UN-lock but then don't open a door? But I have an '08 so maybe it's different. I had to go back to the manual to figure out how to lock without setting the alarm due to dog vs motion sensor--happened twice and she wasn't happy!
Susan Baker said:
I think the doors only RE-lock if you UN-lock but then don't open a door? But I have an '08 so maybe it's different. I had to go back to the manual to figure out how to lock without setting the alarm due to dog vs motion sensor--happened twice and she wasn't happy!

Looks like I have a test to do....

Like I need another reason to go outside and play with the thing.... :)

Last night (July 4th) I looked outside before I went to bed and noticed "snow" all over the top. Yep, fireworks are legal in my town and the neighbors down the street were a-poppin' them, believe me !! I initially thought, "Great !! I wonder if anything burnt a whole in my top !!" so there I was, outside in my bathrobe with a flashlight and a Swiffer, brushing off my top. My next door neighbor saw the flashlight and thought someone was scoping out my car. He came running out and said, "Oh it's you !"

Gotta love neighbors like that.

Fortunately, it was only debris, no burns. If I bought the thing and the next DAY there was a whole in the top, I'd be one unhappy camper, believe you me !!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

find a

smart center

go

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service