hi everyone. can someone please answer a question. i bought my smart bike rack from my dealer. do i need to remove the rear bumper bodypart to install the pin brackets? seems like i'm missing an important instruction. please help.
thanks.
steve :)

Views: 38

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

hi ted. thanks for the info but there are 2 brackets that attach to the frame and have pins that come up thru the vent holes under the tailgate (i have a cabriolet). there are self tapping screws with the brackets and it seems they go under the bumper. monday i'll call my service guy.
It is my understanding that the actual bike rack sold by smart does require the removal of the bumper. Most other third party racks simply utilize the tow-holes.
i talked to my service guy and he asked the machanic and he said the bumper does have to be removed. so i'll take it in and let them do it. i go to smart center manhattan/manhattan mercedes and they have latte's and a gift shop. lol
That's one reason why I decided I wouldn't buy the smart bike rack--the installation/removal isn't trivial.
I was told that the dealer needs to install the brackets( removes rear bumper to do this) and then the owner can attach or remove the rack with an allan wrench... Expensive bike rack!!!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

find a

smart center

go

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service