About a year ago, I remember reading about smart owners who were replacing their OEM springs with Eibach springs. One reason given was that the stronger spring actually lessened the jarring impact of potholes. Can anyone shed some light on the subject by sharing their experience? My back is starting to suffer from the lousy roads in Boston. Thanks.

Views: 19

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I love my ebiach springs!! I have had them on the car since the week after I picked it up in April of 2008. Most people who look at the car cannot tell that is has been lowered, and the handling is spot on! It corners like its on rails, and has a better ride than a standard Smart car. The potholes, cracks, and uneven pavement is still there, but yes, the ride is not as jarring. I drive my car everyday for work, and on trips out of town as well. I have 47000 miles on mine already!
Thanks for the input and the link. I'll probably go for it next month.
DevoiD said:
I love my ebiach springs!! I have had them on the car since the week after I picked it up in April of 2008. Most people who look at the car cannot tell that is has been lowered, and the handling is spot on! It corners like its on rails, and has a better ride than a standard Smart car. The potholes, cracks, and uneven pavement is still there, but yes, the ride is not as jarring. I drive my car everyday for work, and on trips out of town as well. I have 47000 miles on mine already!

Did you have to do anything to the shocks when you went to the Ebiach springs?
No, I kept the factory shocks, which have had no problems with the springs. The ride is great! If you are looking for spring and shock together, KW sells a variant 1 and variant 2 kits for our cars that are both springs and height and rebound adjustable shocks. Their asking price is too high for my taste though, at roughly 1200 for the variant 1 and 1400 for variant 2.

Mike & Carol said:
DevoiD said:

Did you have to do anything to the shocks when you went to the Ebiach springs?
I've had the Eibach's for a year. Handling is improved- Ride is a little stiffer-Some potholes are bonejarring, some not so much. I haven't done shocks or rear disc brakes- I feel that if you start with an $18,000 car and add $2-$4,000 in stuff that maybe you should have gotten a used SLK320 instead-

Reply to Discussion

RSS

find a

smart center

go

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service