I have a 2009 Brabus...........A/C was working great until the other day. When I first turn it on it was great then after a while. it blows just cool air and it starts to get clammy inside the car then it will turn back to cold air. when it blows cold it blows cold and had no problem with it blowiming cold all the time. has anyone else had this problem before and if so how do we fix the problem.

Views: 29

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I haven't had the problem but I do notice when the thermostat slide is above the very lowest (i.e. notch below 60) setting. I have a feeling that the lowest setting here is like a "MAX" setting on other car AC units because I do notice a difference between a setting of '60' and the setting below 60.

Long story short, I keep it on the lowest setting and have no problems.
Take in to the Dealer, and have them check to see if the Refrigerant is Low because of a Leak or Low... Tell them the Problem... Its not happening to US, and it shouldn't be happening to you...
HI, not sure how many will have this problem but it is an easy fix now that they found it. My wife was told by salesperson that a great place to store her pocketbook is up under the dash on the passenger side - nice little spot way up there. She did this from day one. Then the AC stopped getting cold. SMART technicians (yes smart too) found the two wire sensor is unprotected in the same location and was broken. yep you can just look up in there and you'll see it. I wonder how many people will be recharging their AC units or spending big bucks to fix the AC when it is only a sensor that a passenger kicked when they took a ride.

Hope this helps
Bill

P.S. if anyone has any of the oem horns you want to get rid off - I'll pay shipping
fastturb,... Thanks for the Big Heads Up on the AC sensor Hazard...<:-))
I think it stops blowing cold air because of the inside thermostat. It;s set at it's coldest at about 60 degrees; when the temperature inside the cockpit reaches 60, it stops blowing. When the temp in the cockpit rises, it begins blowing again, the same way a home's heating or cooling system works. That's my guess.
I have an OEM horn. Where do you want it sent?

fastturb said:
HI, not sure how many will have this problem but it is an easy fix now that they found it. My wife was told by salesperson that a great place to store her pocketbook is up under the dash on the passenger side - nice little spot way up there. She did this from day one. Then the AC stopped getting cold. SMART technicians (yes smart too) found the two wire sensor is unprotected in the same location and was broken. yep you can just look up in there and you'll see it. I wonder how many people will be recharging their AC units or spending big bucks to fix the AC when it is only a sensor that a passenger kicked when they took a ride.

Hope this helps
Bill

P.S. if anyone has any of the oem horns you want to get rid off - I'll pay shipping
thanks Fred, I'll take it - just send me mail at
schnauffer@comcast.net and will take it from there!!

Fred said:
I have an OEM horn. Where do you want it sent?

fastturb said:
HI, not sure how many will have this problem but it is an easy fix now that they found it. My wife was told by salesperson that a great place to store her pocketbook is up under the dash on the passenger side - nice little spot way up there. She did this from day one. Then the AC stopped getting cold. SMART technicians (yes smart too) found the two wire sensor is unprotected in the same location and was broken. yep you can just look up in there and you'll see it. I wonder how many people will be recharging their AC units or spending big bucks to fix the AC when it is only a sensor that a passenger kicked when they took a ride.

Hope this helps
Bill

P.S. if anyone has any of the oem horns you want to get rid off - I'll pay shipping
I have a 2008 passion coupe. I've had ongoing, intermittent A/C problems that I've taken the shop to get fixed:
1. Blows cool, then turns completely hot, like the air is blowing off the engine.
2. Won't blow at all!
3. Blows barely cool air HEAVING hard then slow and sounds like a plastic fan it hitting something.

Has anyone had this problem? I just filed a complaint with smart USA because the shops cannot find anything wrong with my A/C.
Don't expect your air conditioner to work when accelerating hard or going up a long hill....
I have the same thing happening to my coupe. I was on the road to the Smart Nationals and the thing just stop blowing air and it was HOT outside. When we stop for gas it was working ok again. This happened 3 times this weekend. Why??
The temp was set on 60 the whole time and even adjusting the power of the air didn't help/
If you mean that it quit blowing all air through the vents, then the AC was probably "frozen up". When you stopped for gas, it defrosted and was working again. If you run the AC on the lowest setting and slow fan speed when it is very humid outside, this can happen. Just turn off the AC and let the fan run until it defrosts (probably less than 5 minutes) and then turn the AC back on.

However, if you mean that it quit blowing cold air (but was still blowing warm air), then it may be something else the dealer should check.

Donita Wilson said:
I have the same thing happening to my coupe. I was on the road to the Smart Nationals and the thing just stop blowing air and it was HOT outside. When we stop for gas it was working ok again. This happened 3 times this weekend. Why??
The temp was set on 60 the whole time and even adjusting the power of the air didn't help/
Don't run the AC at the lowest temperature setting. Move the selector up to just under 70 and try that. Just as has already been said, the unit may be freezing up at the lowest setting when the humidity is high, and won't allow air flow. Running at a little higher setting will allow the coils to thaw.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

find a

smart center

go

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos
  • View All

Videos

  • Add Videos
  • View All

© 2014   Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service