Has anyone found a sun shade that will slide between the polycarbonate roof panel and the sliding sun screen? The Arizona winters are great, but the shade stays closed in the summer!!

Views: 25

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Smartmadness has a custom fit shade for this. Go to www.smartmadness.com or call 1(562) 961-6800.
Or get a California PopTop. Works great and easier to deal with than a shade. - sheureka
For about $7 I bought a truck windshield shade and cut it down to fit the roof area. Had to duct tape two pieces to fit properly, but it works very well here in FL and should do as well in AZ. Cut to size and open the screen all the way - slide new shade into place and close the screen - no need for suction cups and all that. Good luck~!
isn't the use of a sun shade under the polycarbonate roof the cause of the whole "crazing" issue with the roof panel?
a smart center is selling one here is the link.
http://www.smartusainsider.com/profiles/blog/show?id=2029424%3ABlog...

That where I got mine works great!

Tom
Ryan said:
isn't the use of a sun shade under the polycarbonate roof the cause of the whole "crazing" issue with the roof panel?

Ryan. where did you hear or read that.? I don't recall seeing it come up in all the discussions on the roof problems at SCOA or UK sites.

Not an arrow at you, as what you say makes sense. Any more info ? A2Jack.
Well.... i actually had it in my favorites for quite a while.

http://www.smartcarofamerica.com/forums/f4/passion-coupe-owners-you...

Kinda seems like people have been having it happen.... and not even really with an aftermarket shade to keep the sunlight out, but even with the built-in roller shade. *shrug*

As for how much of it is true, or how likely it is to happen, i'd rather not take the chance.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

find a

smart center

go

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service