HI All, I am in need of 2 tow hooks for my Smart. I am going to trailer it behind my motorhome and want to use them for the tie downs. I have called all the Smart dealers around here (600 mi. radius) and nobody has any. Does anyone have a source for them or any ideas for finding them? Any info is appriciated. Thanks

Views: 260

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

www.smarteparts.com has 5" & 8" towEye bolts
Smart Dealer $22.00 each...
all that info is great but I need dealer names so I can contact them and buy some. Yes I know theres one under the pass side mat and I still need 2 more for the rear tie down. If any of you know a dealer that has some please send me the info on them. Thanks Everyone. B
smartRRparts is a dealer - that's Round Rock (Austin) in Texas. Great service, quick shipping. - sheureka
Theodore Emilio Montecillo said:
Are you saying that the dealership where you bought your smart car won't sell you tow hooks? Ted.

Brian Barnes said:
all that info is great but I need dealer names so I can contact them and buy some. Yes I know theres one under the pass side mat and I still need 2 more for the rear tie down. If any of you know a dealer that has some please send me the info on them. Thanks Everyone. B

They have to order them and said it would take 4 to 6 weeks.
Thanks for the info...
Well since this discussion started I got my hooks and have used them once. I don't think there is enough vibration or stress on them to cause cracking. The car just doesn't have enough weight to put real stress on them. I also used one strap around the tire for a safety and this worked very well. I read the same report you did on the cracking awhile back and will keep an eye on my use of the hooks. Thanks for the reply. B

Reply to Discussion

RSS

find a

smart center

go

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service