I used to have nice bright headlights till about 20K miles. I had the dealer "adjust" them only to find out they really couldn't as it was a saturday and the machines weren't on or something hokey like that. I have a weird headlight pattern that makes it hard to see. It scoops way down in the middle and spot lights the wild animals in the bushes off each corner about 15 feet in the air. I'll try to post my pic. They hit not so bright about 15 feet in front of the car. I can cover the top half of the headlight completely without making any difference in the pattern. Anyone had to replace the headlight assembly. I thought I'd ask your opinions, as the dealer isn't very helpful,yet. I've already had to replace the both bulbs, at 13K and 15K.

If my pic comes through you don't see the concentrated light so much off to the sides. It shows up better on the roadway. At the bottom of the black band is a fuzzy blue hue.

Views: 99

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hmm..... it almost seems like the headlamp bulbs aren't lined up properly anymore.... or the lens in front of the low beam headlamps has somehow shifted or something. I don't see any other way that the headlamp pattern would not only have that steep of an angle, but also have a curve to it.

Not 100% sure if that'd be the case.... but that's the only thing i can figure out.

I am having the exact same problem.  My low beam headlamps are burning out an average of once per year.  I had to replace my right side low beam yesterday and tonight I noticed my headlamp having the same pattern you described on your 9/22/09 entry.

Also I replace my burned out lamps with H7 elements per the owners manual but the replacement lamps are not as bright as the factory originals which I assume are H7 elements too.   Can anyone explain how this can be?

Thanks!

The replacement H7 bulb may not be properly installed in the lamp assembly.  The bulb has an index tab that has to line up with the notch in the headlamp assembly socket.  Remove the clip and see if you can rotate the bulb.  If you can rotate the bulb, it is not properly installed.  See what position the notch is located on the lamp assembly and install the tab on the base of the bulb to line up with the notch.  When properly installed, you should not be able to rotate the bulb providing it is pushed all the way in.

Joe Dumm said:

I am having the exact same problem.  My low beam headlamps are burning out an average of once per year.  I had to replace my right side low beam yesterday and tonight I noticed my headlamp having the same pattern you described on your 9/22/09 entry.

Also I replace my burned out lamps with H7 elements per the owners manual but the replacement lamps are not as bright as the factory originals which I assume are H7 elements too.   Can anyone explain how this can be?

Thanks!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

find a

smart center

go

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC.