I had an idea for some ambient LED lighting in ITIBITI, so I went to see Matt Boesch at Genius smart Parts for some advice. He did all the heavy lifting...while I provided moral support.

Look here for pictures and video of the beginning of the project...the cabin. The boot, tailgate, roll-bar and more are to follow!

Billo & ITIBITI

Tags: LED, ambient, custom, lighting

Views: 166

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hope this helps with the wiring question.Does anyone know which fuse is #22?
I may be wrong, but that l beleve that is #15, which is the stereo, and interior lights. What I want to know is how they wired it to turn on with the light. I tried wiring my kit like that and they wouldnt shut off. Of course I dont have a switch. I need to find one that will work that way.

clicker said:

Fuses 22 and 23 are the headlights (I found out the hard way through installation of HID headlights ... don't ask).

I added footwell and trunk LED lighting by just connecting into the dome light. It isn't too hard to run the wiring/take of the rear ceiling and right side and front headliners (check evilution.co.uk for disassembly instructions). The main thing is to tape the new wiring up carefully, so it doesn't rattle on top of the interior paneling when reinstalled).

Brandon Ivey said:

I may be wrong, but that l beleve that is #15, which is the stereo, and interior lights. What I want to know is how they wired it to turn on with the light. I tried wiring my kit like that and they wouldnt shut off. Of course I dont have a switch. I need to find one that will work that way.

clicker said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

find a

smart center

go

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service