Does anyone know how to turn off the maintenance reminder? It comes on for a few seconds when I first start the car. The owners manual says to push the button on the left of the odometer once but that doesn't work. Does this have to be done by the dealer? Thanks.

Views: 67

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Go to evilution.co.uk. Click on general questions. First one is about the "service light". Follow the instructions at click here. My dealer said the process listed is correct but you must double tap the left button BEFORE the wrench starts to blink. After that the rest of the instructions are correct.
Go to evilution.co.uk. Click on general questions. The first one as about the "service light". You need to double tap the left button BEFORE the wrench starts to blink. The rest of the procedure is correct. Good Luck
Thanks Bob & Jan. I've printed off the instructions. I'll let you know what kind of success I have.
Ok, I've tried the evilution instructions quite a few times. I can't get the maintenance reminder to reset. Could it be because there's only 7600 miles on the car? Does the odometer have to read 10,000 mi. before this procedure will work? It's a good thing this reminder goes off after a few seconds or I'd really be going crazy. By the way I have an 08 Cabriolet. Bought it just over a year ago.
I am afraid my solution isn't very interesting, mine come on the other day.......I have 5400 miles. I have had the car for a year, I had the service performed, they reset the warning and I was on my way! Safe and Sound and running great for another year. I guess I just feel you are better to get it serviced at the dealer and like you say, the maintenance reminder is only on for a few seconds.........
The proceedure is kind of tough to do, you don't really know if it is working. BUT it does work. I used the Evilution instructions on my 2008 and it worked on about the 12th try. The timing is trickey. I also used it on my 2009. Same thing. it took a number of tries to get it to work.

I have heard some of the dealers won't reset it unless they do the service. Depends on the dealer I guess.
I have tried the Evilution procedure and all the variations people have offered. The only thing I manage to do is keep resetting my trip odometer. I'll keep trying.
The Instructions work perfectly. I did it yesterday (12-3-09). It did take me three tries but I got it. Just listen foe the click when you turn the car off. You need to turn it back to the on position prior to the click. That is the missing part of the puzzle. try it a few times and you will get it.

Michael
Hi Larry, I had to reset my dads service reminder light just today. Here are the exact steps that work the first time. Turn the key to the#1 position (where the instrument lights come on) then tap the left button twice rapidly to reveal the service reminder wrench, turn the key to the off position, push and hold the left button down, start the engine while holding the button down for at least 10 seconds and the service reminder will flash and reset to the 10,000mi countdown for the next service due.
Used your directions, they worked the very first time. Tried others that didn't work,many different times. Thankyou

Randy Fuller said:
Hi Larry, I had to reset my dads service reminder light just today. Here are the exact steps that work the first time. Turn the key to the#1 position (where the instrument lights come on) then tap the left button twice rapidly to reveal the service reminder wrench, turn the key to the off position, push and hold the left button down, start the engine while holding the button down for at least 10 seconds and the service reminder will flash and reset to the 10,000mi countdown for the next service due.
Thank you for the dirrections. None of the other dirrection said to start the car. Worked the first try.

Randy Fuller said:
I'm too late. I tried different suggestions to set mine. It came on @ 2200 miles. I took it to the dealer, and they reset it. No problems.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

find a

smart center

go

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service