Hi all! I've only had my Smart for six weeks and I rarely drive on the highway. However, when I do, it seems that other drivers ignore me - in the sense that they deliberately try to keep me from changing lanes in front of them. Any idea why this would be? Is it because people mistakenly believe that we are slow-pokes?

Views: 26

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh God, I don't have that problem. Smart is a free pass to pass whenever I want, however I want.
used the horn for the first time last week in a parking lot. Oh gosh! it IS pretty pathetic sounding. have you done anything to modify yours yet?

Zippin Pippin said:
Have you seen the shock wave toy that will deliver a blast of air quietly from 6 feet, enough to blow your hair out of place? Now that is what I want my Horn to do besides make noise!
Buueep, Buueep! and blow your hair! I don't want to break any windows, but I wouldn't mind rattling a few! Yes! from that tiny car.
I'm sorry, I can't help it. Some things are just too funny to be left un-done.
I've seen a cartoon of a tiny car that has a horn the size of a Tuba that pops up out of the trunk to blast the car ahead. I want one of those! :D
And yes, I've got my eye on a wind up key!
Get a Wolo Bad-Boy. Sounds like a Maserati on steroids. Costs about $40 from Amazon.com. Generates amazing results!

Lisa M. Drago said:
used the horn for the first time last week in a parking lot. Oh gosh! it IS pretty pathetic sounding. have you done anything to modify yours yet?

Zippin Pippin said:
Have you seen the shock wave toy that will deliver a blast of air quietly from 6 feet, enough to blow your hair out of place? Now that is what I want my Horn to do besides make noise!
Buueep, Buueep! and blow your hair! I don't want to break any windows, but I wouldn't mind rattling a few! Yes! from that tiny car.
I'm sorry, I can't help it. Some things are just too funny to be left un-done.
I've seen a cartoon of a tiny car that has a horn the size of a Tuba that pops up out of the trunk to blast the car ahead. I want one of those! :D
And yes, I've got my eye on a wind up key!
Hi Lisa, I drove my Smart from Texas up to New Mexico and had no problem passing all those slow-pokes. It was a lot of fun passing one 18 wheeler after another, especially on those mountains. The speed limit is 75mph on I.H.40 and I did that most of the time, so dont think that the little car wont do it because it will do that and more.And yes I have sped a little here and there but that's what makes this little car so fun, to shock the heck out of all those on-lookers who get in the way! So put the pedal to the metal and get out there on the the freeway and show those suckers what a Smart is made of!!!
Cool! Thanks for the inspiration!

Randy Fuller said:
Hi Lisa, I drove my Smart from Texas up to New Mexico and had no problem passing all those slow-pokes. It was a lot of fun passing one 18 wheeler after another, especially on those mountains. The speed limit is 75mph on I.H.40 and I did that most of the time, so dont think that the little car wont do it because it will do that and more.And yes I have sped a little here and there but that's what makes this little car so fun, to shock the heck out of all those on-lookers who get in the way! So put the pedal to the metal and get out there on the the freeway and show those suckers what a Smart is made of!!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

find a

smart center

go

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service