Here at Genius Parts we have taken the best features of all of the aftermarket intake systems available and incorporated them into this refined system. The entire intake is fabricated from 304 stainless steel, it will never rust or tarnish. The filter housing fits snugly around your factory equipped Smart intake ducting. What this means is your air filter is breathing the absolute coolest, freshest air at all times, no other system is superior in performance for any price! As with all of my products, I fabricate each and every one of these by hand on a jig so every one looks and fits perfectly. They come with a K&N filter which is washable and will never need replacing, they also come with installation instructions. This system has been developed with the information learned from dyno testing other systems as well as my 10 years of experience in the top forms of American auto racing. This system is good for at least 7HP as well as more MPG's!

$160.00
$15.00 S&H

These will be available for sale at www.geniusparts.com shortly or you can always buy on Ebay.

Tags: air, intake

Views: 832

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

These are now for sale at www.geniusparts.com
Has there been any dyno testing of the Fortwo itself with this intake?

Thanks,
Jim
jwight .... Raymund Archebald is a TROLL . ... he seem to post legitimate posts and add links to sites which do not have anything to do with the smart, it's annoying ... I reported him and two other Trolls before, but our admins don't care.
You mean like his post about the computer chip with nitrous? Pretty funny in an ignorant sort of way. Oh well, at least the spam is being cleaned up faster. PS - I think my reply to him was on another air intake thread.

Daniel said:
jwight .... Raymund Archebald is a TROLL . ... he seem to post legitimate posts and add links to sites which do not have anything to do with the smart, it's annoying ... I reported him and two other Trolls before, but our admins don't care.
looks good
BUT,
I would think in a smart, you would have real heat-sink issues with the stainless in a smart.
Ever stand behind a smart after an hour or so on the freeway?
Just my opinion
Hi everyone, I would like to respond to a couple of posts here.
Dyno testing: About a year ago I strapped a 451 Smart Car to a dyno to do a baseline run and test some different things, I tested the only aftermarket pipe available at the time along with some prototype stuff that I was trying out. What I found was this...No matter what I did the car would make more power than stock! Long pipe, short pipe, filter in front of the motor, filter behind the motor. It didn't matter, sometimes the increase would be just a few HP sometimes more. The stock air box is very restrictive. Here are some dyno results from that day.

I have been hearing some concerns with theroetical heat sink issues with metal intakes. This has never been a problem in testing, even though the tube gets as hot as the engine compartment (as would any material, eventually) The airfilter stays cool and the air has to travel such a short distance compared to stock that the car still ends up making more power.

If anyone is in the market for one of these just shoot me an E-mail and I will beat any price the other guy can come up with...and remember, this is the only system that fits your stock air ducting and is built all one piece so it won't rattle!

I think this is expensive there for before i want to the performance of cold air intake system.
Smart car
it's somewhat difficult to notice any possible gains power wise, except for maybe pulling a hill, or at higher RPM's..... but i'll tell you.... the sound when you step on the pedal.... *drool*
I'll probably go with the new SILA aluminum cold air intake. Sealed, light, and cool.

Ryan said:
it's somewhat difficult to notice any possible gains power wise, except for maybe pulling a hill, or at higher RPM's..... but i'll tell you.... the sound when you step on the pedal.... *drool*
So say I live in an area with A LOT of rain, being a straight connection to the side air vent what are the chances of too much water collecting in the ducting of this intake? Also in answer to peoples comments on the stainless heating up too much, there are a few things you could do to prevent this but it's not likely to effect it any worse than the stock air box. I would recommend wrapping it with exhaust header wrap. It's available at most auto parts stores and practically every performance shop. my 2c
Wrapping the intake in insulation will only decrease the IAT by about one degree, which isn't much. Also, since the pipe is not sealed to the side intake, any water that comes through will roll out of the intake and considering the curve of the pipe, you would have to have a hurricane in your side vent to even come close to hydrolocking.
MelonFishPhoto said:
So say I live in an area with A LOT of rain, being a straight connection to the side air vent what are the chances of too much water collecting in the ducting of this intake? Also in answer to peoples comments on the stainless heating up too much, there are a few things you could do to prevent this but it's not likely to effect it any worse than the stock air box. I would recommend wrapping it with exhaust header wrap. It's available at most auto parts stores and practically every performance shop. my 2c

Reply to Discussion

RSS

find a

smart center

go

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service