People ask all the time about the roominess of the smart -- who would lay claim to being the biggest smart owner?

Views: 18

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am 6'3" and 185 lbs ... I am tall and fit very well into my smart :)
I am 6'3" and weigh about 290. I fit fine, but would like a little more leg room. Also, I am too tall to use the armrest I installed in my car.
George said:
I am 6'3" and weigh about 290. I fit fine, but would like a little more leg room. Also, I am too tall to use the armrest I installed in my car.

George I'm 6'3" 280lb and love my armrest.. but then again mine is the one from genius, it has various heights you can attached at so I chose the highest one. It costs a little more than others but you sure do get what you are paying for in this case!
I think I have the Genius armrest also. I bought it from SC Orange Park and it has the holes drilled in the support under the padding. I need to look at it more closely to see if I can raise it up some more. Are the armrests sold in Orange Park the Genius brand? I paid almost $300.00 for it.
I'm 6'3" and a fraction and about 240. No problem whatsoever, unless I have another big guy in the car with me.

Then it just gets "uncomfortable."

"Whoa, I didn't mean to brush up against you like that."

"No problem."

"How 'bout them Cavs?"
George said:
I think I have the Genius armrest also. I bought it from SC Orange Park and it has the holes drilled in the support under the padding. I need to look at it more closely to see if I can raise it up some more. Are the armrests sold in Orange Park the Genius brand? I paid almost $300.00 for it.

PM'ed you. But for the rest, the Genius arm rest has 3 different height possibilities when installing it. The metal arm (not the arm rest with holes) that bolts to the seat attaches with two bolts. These bolts can be places through six different openings, effectively giving you 3 heights to chose from. I used the lowest hole on the arm bracket for the bottom bolt.. that gives you the highest possible height out of the arm rest. it works best to move the drivers seat all the way forward and incline the seat back forward as well. Then with the rear open literally sit on the engine compartment behind the drivers seat and start working on the armrest... this gives you a new perspective of what a rear seat would have felt like if the smart had been a for-four... well a shrunken four!
i am 6'6'' and weigh 235 plenty of room
I saw a guy that was 6'7" at a gas station and asked him to get in the drivers side. I thought he might fit what the heck! well he did fit but his knees and shins were touching the dash.. he just had enough head room and said for a short trip he "could" manage. I think with the seat modified to go that two inches further back like the passengers seat does, 6'7" or 6'8" would be the limit. Unmodded, 6'6" is pushing it.
Hey George,
I am the guy who made your armrest.
Every 25 or so armrest's I sell someone tells me it isn't tall enough, so far I havent changed the design because it seems the majority likes it as-is.
If you discover that yours is on the highest setting and it is still to short I may have a solution.
I can custom make you a bracket with about another inch and a half of height.
If you are interested just let me know...I like happy customers!
Thanks,
Matt
I am 6'04" 260lbs and my 6'06" 200 pound adult son frequently rides with me.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

find a

smart center

go

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service