As some of you have read on the other site.. 541s. I was having serious problems with the rear view mirror. for the tall crowd.. me included at 6'3" the mirror is too low and blocks a substantial area of our line of sight. The mirror creates a blind spot in front of you that is really dangerous. SOOooo I started off with just taking the existing one off. Ooh what a difference... I could see! but that was a temporary fix and I started to get ideas in the old coconut and Wallah! my first prototype of the unobstructive rear view mirror!..
Let me know what you guys & gals think....

Tags: custom, mirror, rear, view

Views: 460

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well Ladies and Germs, Our friend and perfectionist metal working Genius has taken my idea and perfected it. He has come out with a great looking AND functioning rear view mirror that just clips onto the existing mirror puck when you remove the OE one by pulling it up from the base towards the overhead console. The geniusparts dot com mirror slides onto the OE puck that is glued to the actual glass! so there is no problem to return the car to less genius status later on! The mirrors arm is the same as the one I made but Matt Boesch took it further and actually created a billet mirror with a great design to function well and also to be esthetically much more pleasing than my little mirror ever could be.
I'm just wondering what else Matt is going to come up with, as his stuff has been absolutely spot on!

I installed Matt's mirror this AM prior to my work commute - all of 30 seconds to remove the old mirror and put on the new one. What a pleasant surprise to be able to see while making right turns and curves. Overall, a much needed product.

You will need to use your side mirrors more as the raised rearview can cut down on the distance you can see out the back (depending on how you adjust it.
where can I buy the mirror

SATO said:
Well Ladies and Germs, Our friend and perfectionist metal working Genius has taken my idea and perfected it. He has come out with a great looking AND functioning rear view mirror that just clips onto the existing mirror puck when you remove the OE one by pulling it up from the base towards the overhead console. The geniusparts dot com mirror slides onto the OE puck that is glued to the actual glass! so there is no problem to return the car to less genius status later on! The mirrors arm is the same as the one I made but Matt Boesch took it further and actually created a billet mirror with a great design to function well and also to be esthetically much more pleasing than my little mirror ever could be.
I'm just wondering what else Matt is going to come up with, as his stuff has been absolutely spot on!
Go to smartcarofamerica.com and look up matt's thread on the mirror. Another way is going to his website through the link at smartcarofamerica as well.
He is a very good vendor and his products are the absolute best.. Bar NONE!

Jonathan Ervin said:
where can I buy the mirror SATO said:
Hi all,
First off I have to send off a HUGE thank you to Sato, this little product was 100% his idea and he even went so far as to send me a prototype.....Again, THANK YOU Sato!!!!!!
I am sorry that these are not up on my site yet, I have already sold out of two batches and expect to have more in a couple of weeks. The reason they are not on the site for sale is I would feel bad if someone bought one and got upset that they did'nt get it for a few weeks.
If you would like to purchace one just send me a quick E-mail to matthewboesch@boeschbuilt.com letting me know you would like one, then I can send you a PayPal money request for $105 and send one out just as soon as they become available.
Keep in mind the mirror matches all of the other BoeschBuilt products like the shifter paddles and armrest so don't be shy!
Matt Boesch
These are finally back in stock but it is looking like I will be out of them again by next week.
If you would like one you can find them on Ebay for the time being by clicking here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&a...

Thanks!
Matt
I think he still has a couple left...
IH8OPEC, perhaps you are missing the ENTIRE object of the design that went into this mirror. You link to a nearly 12 inch WIDE mirror as a replacement to the 7 inch OE mirror.... well the whole object of replacing the OE mirror was because it was too BIG!................
"... well the whole object of replacing the OE mirror was because it was too BIG!...."
SATO, hate to be contradictory, but your first post said... "the mirror is too low and blocks a substantial area of our line of sight."
That's too LOW, not too BIG (Wide). So which is it ?
Too me it's that the mirror hangs down too LOW.
I think IH8OPEC has found a great alternative, especially better than one that does not have a day/night change ability.
Jim.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

find a

smart center

go

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC.