I woke up last night with a nagging thought! I've driven Toyotas and Hondas for 200,000 to 300,000 miles. Has anyone figured out how long the smart for2 engine lasts. I know rubber bands will break eventuality. I'm still waiting for the phone call to come pick up my smartcar.

Views: 2040

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

When you find it, please let us know. I've been looking all over for the service intervals for this thing and can't find anything on the web.

jwight said:
While we're batting this around, has anyone checked the service guide that comes with the car? Does it show a transmission oil change as part of the 30K mile service?
jwight said:
While we're batting this around, has anyone checked the service guide that comes with the car? Does it show a transmission oil change as part of the 30K mile service?

Nope.

Here's the 30k service, the rest (up to 120k) are also available.
http://owners.smartusa.com/30_000_Miles_Three_Year.aspx
Thanks! Checked them all out to 120K miles - nothing about changing the transmission oil (or even checking it.) That service tech has some 'splainin to do.

Fred Bauer said:
jwight said:

Nope.

Here's the 30k service, the rest (up to 120k) are also available.
http://owners.smartusa.com/30_000_Miles_Three_Year.aspx
Then the consider it to be "lifetime" fluid. I'm not doing that. I'm changing it. If you don't change it, then don't expect to put hundreds of thousands of miles on these things. I see no reason why you can't put 300,000 miles on one of these cars. To do so requires a lot of TLC. Neglecting to change fluids because the manufacture doesn't say you need to is not going to make the car go far. Even if it's not expensive to rebuild the transmission, I don't want to do that. I don't want any hassles during ownership. That's why I stay away from oils like Castrol, Mobil 1, Valvoline and others.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

find a

smart center

go

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service