I would love to hear current owners gas mileage with the Passion---I am on the list, but I am hearing varying accounts of mpg.

Please advise,
Thanks!
Curt

Views: 317

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have had my Smart Passion Coupe since Feb.'09 and I have been averaging 43 MPG. I drive it primarily in the auto transmission mode..
My stats for my fuel mileage are also on fuelly.com.

Fuelly
I have a 2009 Smart Passion coupe and I average 35 to 41mi. per gallon. It really depends on weather conditions and weather or not you use the a/c. For instance,with the a/c on I average about 35 to 38mi. per gallon in town and on frwy. With no a/c on it bumps up to 41mi. per gallon depending on wind and elevation (hills). Strickly hwy. I get 41 to 47mi. per gallon, also depending on wind and terrain,so I hope this helps answer your question. Note:I also have a Cold Air Induction pipe that you can look up in Nuts and Bolts that reads:Cheap Fresh Air Pipe which adds about 1 to 2mi. per gallon and around 4 hp.
Got 0ur Passion in June. Around the Tampa Bay area we were getting 36-37 in auto. At our sons place in the country near Augusta, GA we have been getting 42 also in auto.
Drive better.

Chuck Booksh and Van Landry said:
The mpg is the one and only! disappointment regarding the Cabriolet. With about 1200 miles now on our car, we have been getting 36 mpg mostly hwy and around 26 mpg mostly city. This is about 6 mpg lower in both categories that we anticipated. Anyone knows how this can be improved?
Curt,

Go to fuelly . com and you can see the mileage of about 200 Smarts.

http://www.fuelly.com
But that's what the EPA claims right? 33 City, 41 highway.

KFitz said:
I have been getting 30 to 33 in the city and about 40 on the highway. I'm actually pretty disappointed. For the size, I expected the mileage to be better.
I ususally get about 40 mpg on a tank. Depends on the traffic in Atlanta. The more I have to sit idling the lower the mpg. The worst was about 31.5 (hot summer day & stop & crawl traffic) & the best about 45.5.
We average 38 in the city and 42 on thw highway......drive in the manual mode 99% of the time..it is the best!
I've got about 12,000 miles on my "Bumble Bee" and she ranges from 38 to 42 mph. I tried doing the manual shifting for a while, but seem to do best in automatic mode......... And lighten up on the gas peddle a little.

Mike from Wisconsin.
Ken & Cheryl Gonska said:
Drive better.

The mpg is the one and only! disappointment regarding the Cabriolet. With about 1200 miles now on our car, we have been getting 36 mpg mostly hwy and around 26 mpg mostly city. This is about 6 mpg lower in both categories that we anticipated. Anyone knows how this can be improved?
We get 37 in town, 47 on the highway. 100% automatic mode

Rich Leslie said:
Ken & Cheryl Gonska said:
Drive better.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

find a

smart center

go

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service