Over the last week my ABS and ESP warning triangle lights have come on for no reason four or five times.  Twice, I was almost stranded because the car wouldn't let me take it out of park.  After a few restarts and working the brake pedal the problem cleared and I was able to drive.  One time was at night and I also noticed that I had no brake lights.  I have a Dodge Caliber that did the same thing once when the brake light fuze blew.  This makes me think that I have an intermittent brake light switch.  The Dodge has a manual override behind a small access hole in the shift lever console but I can't find anything similar on my Smart.  Does anyone know of an override so I can at least keep from getting stranded until I can get the car in the shop next week?

Tags: ABS, ESP, Transmission, in, lockout, park, shift, stuck, transmission, won't

Views: 120

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I tried to find it.... i know it was posted somewhere, be it on Evilution.co.uk, or maybe on the SCOA forums... but there IS an override for the transmission so you can take it out of park..... sadly i believe said override is actually behind the left wall of the center housing in the Smart, below the shift lever. Don't remember if there's a way to access it without taking that panel off. Hopefully someone else knows exactly where it is, or knows where the walkthrough is.
Ryan said:
I tried to find it.... i know it was posted somewhere, be it on Evilution.co.uk, or maybe on the SCOA forums... but there IS an override for the transmission so you can take it out of park..... sadly i believe said override is actually behind the left wall of the center housing in the Smart, below the shift lever. Don't remember if there's a way to access it without taking that panel off. Hopefully someone else knows exactly where it is, or knows where the walkthrough is.
http://www.smartcarofamerica.com/forums/f25/diy-gear-shift-removal-...

Maybe this link will help with the cure of shift lever 'jamming' - mostly a lube problem.
Ryan said:
Try This... A2Jack. http://www.smartcarofamerica.com/forums/f25/shifter-stuck-park-here...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

find a

smart center

go

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service