My original deal fell through and a lot of other things have happened (blah, blah, blah) so I bought something else.  Now I'm back into smart and have looked at some used ones as well and was wondering if I should I still get one?  Hoping to get into one in a month or so.  Anyone have regrets or are you still in love.  I see so many around town here and keep wishing I would've gotten one.  I'm happy to see this site is still active.  I love this community.

Views: 272

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Christy, I've had this happen a couple of times recently (getting stuck in neutral)....I'm  hesitating taking it to the dealer...costs so much every time you go in.  I usually just turn it off and wait about 30 sec and start up and all is well....I wonder if it's a ticking time bomb.....didn't really ask or realize all the expenses for the smart...anyway, if you could let me know what they said about it getting stuck in N, I'd appreciate it....k

Christy Rider said:

DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED.  i ORIGINALLY TOOK IT TO THE DEALER BECAUSE IT KEPT GETTING HUNG UP IN NETURAL.  WELL, THEY FIXED THAT.  WAS FINE ALL THE 150 MILE DRIVE HOME.  NEXT DAY ON MY WAY TO WORK ON THIRD SHIFT CAR WOULD NOT SHIFT INTO HIGHER GEAR.  HAD TO CALL SOMEONE TO PICK ME UP AND TAKE ME TO WORK.  HAD IT TOWED TO EASTON SMART CENTER.  WAS TOLD THAT THERE IS NO COMPRESSION IN THIRD CYCLINDER AND THAT I NEED NEW HEAD.  UNFORTUYNATLY, I CANNOT FIND ANY MECHANIC AROUND HERE THAT IS QUALIFIED TO WORK ON SMARTS.

We bought ours in Dec of 2009, and now have over 42000 on the odometer.  Cabriolet with leather and heated seats (required in New England).  My wife drives it every day to work.  Makes the 50 miles she drives every day less expensive compared to most everything else out there.   I drive it on the weekends when I can

Regrets, a few, way to many questions by people who don't like the answers.

No, it is safe to drive on the freeway, I don't know of any car I'd like to be in when hit by a eighteen wheeler. 

No, I'm putting gas in it so when I run out of electricity I'll be able to get home.

Yes, over 1.2 million sold worldwide, you should travel more or try reading.

Over all my regrets are with people and their lack of knowledge of the Smart and not with the car itself. We have 26K miles on a 2009 cabriolet, only schedule maintenance, gas and a lot of fun driving it.

Is the Smart the car for everyone,no but drive one, it just my be the car for you.    

I have found a mechanic in Wellston, Ohio that works on Smart cars. He has his own garage. Keith Jordan 740-384-5280. He has all of the software and he also does my oil changes and maintence.  ALOT MORE REASONABLE PRICE THAN THE DEALER, not to mention sooo much closer to home. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

find a

smart center

go

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service