Hello Everyone.

I have a problem... the back of my smart car is always staticky. When i drive around it picks up all the dirt that gets blown up off the ground. I will say that i don't like it one bit. If someone knows how to fix this problem i would love the get the info. 

Tags: Back, Car, Smart, Staticky, car, help, is, need, of, smart, More…vlogs

Views: 132

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There is an old time cure for this as cars many decades ago had this problem.  What was done sounds a bit odd, but simple.  A thin piece of leather was ted to the undercarriage which made contact with the pavement and it allowed the static to travel away from the car.  Most piece I remember were about the width of a watchband.  It is neat as it cost almost nothing and it is unseen. 

I remember those static straps from the old days.  Do you think they would work with the plastic panels?

most car detail spray will remove the static charge for awhile, but the air flowing over a plastic body will develop a static charge in a short time. Best bet is to use a product to make the surface slippery enough so the dust won't hold on. Ace Hardware sells a product called Rejex that is supposed to do the trick. 

I think you nailed it, it's the plastic panels.  Don't know anything that will eliminate the static buildup (dryer sheets?) but Rejex certainly makes the panels slippery.  Any dust that shows up is easily removed with a California Duster or similar product.

Jim VW said:

most car detail spray will remove the static charge for awhile, but the air flowing over a plastic body will develop a static charge in a short time. Best bet is to use a product to make the surface slippery enough so the dust won't hold on. Ace Hardware sells a product called Rejex that is supposed to do the trick. 

My Smart only picks up girls....

Reply to Discussion

RSS

find a

smart center

go

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC.