Well sometimes not all the time. I will remove the key and a steady beeb, beeb  happens. I insert the key tun it on and off remove key and no beeb beeb. What am I doing to cause this.

Views: 15

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Try not pulling it out so fast after you shut it off... wait a few extra seconds after you shut it off and opening the Door... OK
Sarah,

I thought I'd write to let you know you are not the only one that has this issue. I have the same intermittent problem but have't payed enough attention to it to narrow down what the cause is. I'll try pulling the key out slower though.
Yes that has worked with my car
I found that if I turn the ignition off and quickly remove the key, like I'm a jet fighter pilot trying to eject, I get the beep. Turn it off, wait a sec, pull the key, all is good.

It's only happened to me once, now I'm not in such a hurry anymore.
I've had this problem too, told the service center about it and they had not a clue. I'll try your suggestion about slowing down on taking the key out and hope it works!
Nope, this issue is not unique, as I have also noticed the same beeping, and it does seem to occur when I pull the key out in a rush. Not sure of the 'benefit' of this 'feature', but I'm likely one of many that has this.
Some of the folks over on SCOA say you get the beep when you haven't given the computer enough time to shut down. Don't know if that's true, but mine will make the beep only if I quickly pull out the key after turning the car off. The beep stops if I reinsert the key, wait a second and then remove it.
Yup. Mine does the same thing. At first I thought maybe it might have something to do with turning the car off before putting it in park, but there does not seem to be any rhyme or reason. Other than if I take a moment before removing the key, that does seem to help. Minor annoyance, but good to know it's nothing fatal.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

find a

smart center

go

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service