hey i bought my smart without the clock and rev counter but the salesmen said that they where easy to install has any one done this? is it really as easy as they say? where should i start?

thanks
kyle

Tags: clock, counter, orbs, rev, tack

Views: 351

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Do a search on www.smartcarofamerica.com or evilution.com/uk and they will have step-by-step directions for the install. The car is pre-wired so it is just plug and play. Basically, the switch bank has to be removed and the retaining screw for the center panel has to be removed and the center panel taken off. Some people take out the radio to unsecure the wiring connector tucked in behind the radio and pull it through the hole on the top. The center stack cover also has to be notched. Again, check out the websight mentioned and you should find it an easy install. Enjoy your pods.
I've done it following Evilution.com direction, it's very easy. The hardest part was finding the connector which was taped to a cable and hidden under the white tape.
Thanks for the information my next question is can I get the pods from my dealer and not have them Installed? Is there a better place to get them?
I've bought them from an outside vendor, the dealer was just too expensive

Kyle Feller said:
Thanks for the information my next question is can I get the pods from my dealer and not have them Installed? Is there a better place to get them?
How much were you planning on spending...??? Adding the Bling below Hurts until you see them mounted...<:-))
Note: American Brabus's don't even come with Brabus faced Pods...!!!...??? Just the stock Smart Pods...???

Yes, I have the Brabus LollyPops...<:-))
$230.00 to my door in Florida... That's the best price you can get with the Trim Rings included... 8 Days shipping... I used my credit card to save... He charges more if you use PayPal...
http://www.smart-parts-direct.com/

~SEE the Sexxxy Brabus LollyPops~A Smart Car ain't Real without the Pods
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2qDZzBO7aQ&feature=fvw

I need to order those. My car didn't come with a tach or clock. I'd like to eventually convert mine to a Brabus over time.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

find a

smart center

go

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service