I just ordered a smart electric drive, Does anyone else out there ordered one?  My dealer had a hard time finding out what options I could get.  This will be my 3rd smart.  Smart number one was a passion 2008, number two was a convertible 2011 and now number three electric drive convertible.  Drive smart out there and have a GREAT 2013  :)

Views: 703

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It would be enough, but would not maximize the charging due to inefficiency.  At 90% efficiency it would only provide 3.15Kw, and that would be worse if your household voltage were to be below nominal.  I would shoot for 4Kw or better to ensure you maximize charging.  So you're looking at a 240v 20A charging station, so if your household voltage drops to 210v you still deliver 4.2Kw and at 90% efficiency you have 3.78Kw available.

Thanks, Marc.

Marc Hanna said:

It would be enough, but would not maximize the charging due to inefficiency.  At 90% efficiency it would only provide 3.15Kw, and that would be worse if your household voltage were to be below nominal.  I would shoot for 4Kw or better to ensure you maximize charging.  So you're looking at a 240v 20A charging station, so if your household voltage drops to 210v you still deliver 4.2Kw and at 90% efficiency you have 3.78Kw available.

Our first batch of smart electric drives was delivered to us Friday afternoon.  We're already having them go through the pdi process and are almost ready for delivery.

#smartcenterWestCovina

This has got to be the "softest" launch of any new model ever! Where's all the fanfare, balloons, TV spots, press releases?  This should be a major event for smart USA....???

Kamaal said:

Our first batch of smart electric drives was delivered to us Friday afternoon.  We're already having them go through the pdi process and are almost ready for delivery.

#smartcenterWestCovina

Driving to work today, heard a commercial for ED3 on KCBS 740 AM. Kind of cute, but too cute, if you ask me. They seem to be aiming the car at the young, the stupid, or the poor (or all of the above) when research shows EV buyers are none of the above. Made no mention of the price advantage smart has over all other electric cars.

Penske made a big deal out of delivering the first Gen II in the USA - Roger himself showed up to hand over the keys.  The first Gen III in NYC has already been delivered, with zero publicity as far as I know.

Arvind Kumar said:

Driving to work today, heard a commercial for ED3 on KCBS 740 AM. Kind of cute, but too cute, if you ask me. They seem to be aiming the car at the young, the stupid, or the poor (or all of the above) when research shows EV buyers are none of the above. Made no mention of the price advantage smart has over all other electric cars.

"They seem to be aiming the car at the young,"

smart has always been a youth brand. just because the NA demographics don't match that due to the late launch (2008) and pent up demand, doesn't change it. Nevertheless, smart is targeting 1/3 of their annual production for the US.

###

Europe's other notable electric vehicle, the Smart Fortwo Electric Drive, was not included in the sales figures. However, the company expects to produce around 6,000 units in 2013, with 2,000 of those going to the U.S.

Sales Of Renault Zoe Off To Strong Start In France, Trounces Leaf

Oh yeah - if they're advertising on AM radio either they don't know who listens to that stuff or they're aiming for a demographic that, for the most part, is really not attuned to small, efficient European cars.

Arvind Kumar said:

I heard smart electric drive advertising in southern cali on talk radio news stations...  definitely not the youngest demographics there.

Hi,  I have my smart electric drive.  I got it on Friday May 17th.  It is a convertible.  It is "FUN TO DRIVE"  Hope that everyone out there has as much   F  U  N   :)

Congratulations! Pls share your impressions, experience, photos.

Congrats Art!  You can also list your car on this SCoA thread: http://www.smartcarofamerica.com/forums/f170/got-my-new-smart-ed-u-...

Art Iworsley said:

Hi,  I have my smart electric drive.  I got it on Friday May 17th.  It is a convertible.  It is "FUN TO DRIVE"  Hope that everyone out there has as much   F  U  N   :)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

find a

smart center

go

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service