I would like to hear from those that made the upgrade.  Does it really give an increase in gas millage?  Do you just have better performance?  Or do you just like the sound?

Views: 999

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I installed my exhaust yesterday. A full video review is on it's way.
Since returning from the 1st Nationals in Kansas City, I was traveling 65-75 mph with the air conditioning on and my mileage was 44 mpg. That's good enough for me!

Bert Monsen said:
For what it is worth...I replaced my stock exhaust with one made by "Genius," all stainless steel and very well made. I also installed a silicone cold air intake purchased from "Smartmadness." All in all, I have improved my mileage to 40 mpg in city driving. I do not yet know what the highway mileage will be. Also, performance is quicker and smoother.

i have a cold air intake on my brabus and was thinking about getting a sila exhaust system. is it worth it to switch out my brabus exhaust for the sila? will it make the engine perform better? would love your input.

thank you in advance...

l

thank you IH8OPEC for your input. in the back of my mind i was thinking the same. just haven't found any concrete studies on performance enhancement. now i did have a cold air intake installed and that did make a difference. again, thanks for your input. i appreciate it.

IH8OPEC said:

You already have the best exhaust for the US smart!

The only thing that will improve will be the weight of your wallet, it'll be much much lighter. But hey if you want to throw good money away knock yourself out!

louis lemoine said:

i have a cold air intake on my brabus and was thinking about getting a sila exhaust system. is it worth it to switch out my brabus exhaust for the sila? will it make the engine perform better? would love your input.

thank you in advance...

l

I just added a Borla Exhaust a week ago so not sure on the MPG but it does help performance and I Love the sound a lot.
Test results tell the story.  A lot of aftermarket suppliers make all sorts of claims for their products, but without documented independent test results they are so much hot air. If the products make you happy and you can afford them, have at it.  Just don't put too much credence in those manufacturer's claims.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

find a

smart center

go

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service