Chrysler has firmed up its plans on the Fiat 500...Beginning late in 2010,It will be produced in Mexico and its 1400 cc engine will be produced in Michigan...102 HP and a later turbo version of 175HP...It promises to be stiff competition for the Smart...Smart badly needs more HP...

Views: 165

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

For those who can't wait until 2011 for their Mexican Fiat 500, The initial batch of Fiat 500 will be imported this year from Poland... I don't know which is riskier, cars made by Mexicans,Polish, or Italians...I have more faith in our Smart, made by French and angry Algerians...
"I don't know which is riskier, cars made by Mexicans,Polish, or Italians..."

Just a little xenophobic don't you think?

Robert Stout said:
For those who can't wait until 2011 for their Mexican Fiat 500, The initial batch of Fiat 500 will be imported this year from Poland... I don't know which is riskier, cars made by Mexicans,Polish, or Italians...I have more faith in our Smart, made by French and angry Algerians...
My 2004 Dodge dually diesel was assembled in Mexico and it is one of the most trouble free vehicles I have ever owned.
Don't forget the Japanese at Toyota still hold a grudge for Hiroshima...I don't know which is riskier, ethnic humor or auto reliability...
Hi, I was on Friday in Hambach (Smartville) and Bottrop (Brabus). Safety belts and speakers are also made in Poland

Pawel from Poland
www.smartklub.pl

Kevin Heran said:
Look closely at the wheels on your smartie......they are made in Poland. As for who would be riskier,, I've owned Fiats in the past and they were no more quirky than a fortwo. The dealerships were the main problem (familiar ring there). And I would trust the Mexican ,Polish or Italian cars right now before I trusted a car company that recalls MILLIONS of cars to only fix them with what looks like a stick-on wheel weight.
i drove a 500 at bergstrom's when i got my 30K service a few months ago, over-powered power steering, i drove a convertible, top down can't see squat out the back. they have a switch to de-power the power steering, i'll try that at my 40K service. but the 500 is like 700 pounds heavier than the smart, the door has a real solid thud when closing, like from a huge luxury car, i liked the car, i'll probably keep my smart another 6 years, if i don't win a lottery before then.
Smart has the advantage of leaving your mother-in-law at home....

Reply to Discussion

RSS

find a

smart center

go

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service