Starting with Lena in Hambach and Eric’s series on the EV, we’ve given our Insiders a more in-depth perspective on smart. What topics would you liked discussed in the future? You may inspire the next feature in our series.

Views: 577

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Personally I'd like to see more from Hambach, with a little more time showing each step in the production process and a general look at the factory and its surroundings.

Also, could someone detail what happens after a problem is discovered with a component that affects more than just a few cars - heater blower motors, clutch actuators and shifter assemblies, for instance.  Are parts sent in for teardown and review, are technical service bulletins issued, improved parts added to the supply chain, etc?

Thanks for the suggestions, jwight. We'll see what information we can provide.

what about a european delivery program?

Do you mean the shipping process from France to the US?

dennyrex said:

I think he means being able to pick them up in Europe, drive them and have Mercedes ship them to the US - same as with the "big" M-B cars.

sUSAi Admin said:

Do you mean the shipping process from France to the US?

dennyrex said:

yep, that's it. understand why that was a stretch for PAG but thinking MB should be able to see their way clear to offer that.

order car online, pickup in FR, drive around and when your done, drop it off and have it shipped back to US. however they do it for other brands.

I've done this with a Volvo purchase and I can highly recommend it to anyone who can fit it into their schedule.

We were picked up at the airport in a limo, and delivered to our hotel. The next day we had a tour of the factory and a VIP delivery of the car. During the delivery process we were offered (and took advantage of) several drastically reduced prices for accessory packages. Then we were off on our own to see as much (or as little) of Europe as we wanted. We dropped the car off for shipment and returned to the U.S. to await the car's second delivery at a local Volvo dealership. Not nearly as impressive as the original ... more like what you would expect from a domestic new car delivery.

I believe Daimler offers a similar program for MB so it shouldn't be much of a stretch to extend something similar for smart.

European delivery is unlike any other automobile purchase. It turns the normal car buying drudgery experience into a memorably exotic one.

I've bought 4 cars since that Volvo. None of them was nearly as memorable. The car went to my son but I still have all the swag that came with the package.

Regards,

Dan

the esmart is coming to florida in late september as told to me the info is in video on my page

would be cool to have a smart event for the tour of the smart factory in like 2 years posting it so all can get their passports done make time off work and save for it with the tickets and all 

have a hotel with a discount near the factory, same flight (that doesnot cost alot ) group discount or militay 

have a plan for  factory tour show room tour, future smart car, smart  museum tour,  and see conspect cars for future smart think would be totally awesome 

plus maybe see some other things in france never been there would be fun in a group would cover it in donnas corner as well 

smart are all over france would love to see that and with other smart owners would be totally awesome 

I'd like more information on Mark's comments about the upcoming forfour.

I'd like to see some acquisition concepts including dealer incentives, government incentives local incentives.
Battery program details and how to manage financing the car.

YOU CAN HEAR THE CRICKETS WITH THE DEAD SILENCE FROM sUSAi ADMIN RESPONSE TO YOU SUGGESTING PUBLISHING SERVICE BULLETINS....OF COURSE, THAT IS THE SMART WAY OF DOING BUSINESS....
jwight said:

Personally I'd like to see more from Hambach, with a little more time showing each step in the production process and a general look at the factory and its surroundings.

Also, could someone detail what happens after a problem is discovered with a component that affects more than just a few cars - heater blower motors, clutch actuators and shifter assemblies, for instance.  Are parts sent in for teardown and review, are technical service bulletins issued, improved parts added to the supply chain, etc?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

find a

smart center

go

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service