We've started this discussion forum to create a space for smartUSAinsiders to share with us at smart your thoughts, comments, questions and ideas.

We can’t promise you that everything will be answered all the time but what we can promise is that everything will be seen and we will address as much as we can.

We are looking forward to your thoughts, comments, questions and ideas - open your mind...

Views: 18185

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Kenny, a little googling skill and you can find the smart service manual for the (2008) 451 (pdf download). I am not sure about the 450, but I bet it might be even easier to find that, given that the car is discontinued. (Contact me off-line and I may be able to send you the link I found.) tstrohe-at-gmail-dot-com
There is some stuff out there but it's very incomplete.  Same with the 450 (evilution for instance)-- a lot of good information, but not near what a shop service manual would give you.  We REALLY NEED a shop service manual.  Again, first car I ever had in 35 years that I couldn't get a manual for!

Toes, I don't there is a requirement for a car salesman to be PR professional. I do think a salesman needs to be able to communicate well to potential buyers. Every parent who raised their kids through high school have leaned the jobs of being a PR professional and salesman very well. To imply that I could not be PR professional or a salesman is somewhat presumptuous in my opinion. Other than that, I don’t disagree with the rest of your reply.

toes said:
Dave, ads are needed, because there are a lot of misconceptions about the car out there and we are not PR professionals. We can contribute to the brand through our efforts, but a stronger support by Daimler-Benz will help sell more cars. Increased numbers of smarts will make for better support, more dealerships, further investments in the brand, and so on. Even the most successful of brands advertise (e.g. Apple). I just learned that the primary demographic of smart buyers in the US is/has been older, so there is a huge untapped field of customers in the first car buyers demographic, if ads can get their/their parents' attention and dispel myths about safety, etc.

Looks to me that this page has been forgotten

http://www.facebook.com/smartusa

and I sure hope to see safe and smart revamped and back up and running again

I was worried the smart dealer in Chandler,Az might be one closing.  I called them and they answered "MB Chandler".  Boy that was good to hear.  It would be evan better if we could get some definet info on the new MB dealership being constructed in Tucson, Az.  We have smart owners as far south as Bizbee, Green Valley, Tucson, Oro Valley, and Catalina.  Tucson should be opened for your southern AZ market.  Thanks for your time.

Amy and I have been encountered by a few parents with pre-driving teens. It was they that came up with the idea that the smart may be the best choice for their kid. With some state's laws limiting  the passengers for the young first time driver, driving a smart makes a wise choice. There's a market for this teenaged group.

I do agree with much of the comments here. There definitely are some maintenance issues that must be dealt with. As much as we love our smart, our transmission problem is a little annoying.

Let us not forget that for our youngest drivers, it is almost impossible to get pregnant in a smart.  Good parenting is by far the best thing to do...but having the physical limitations does not hurt.
You must have had a shelltered child hood.  When I was that age,  it would have had plenty of room, the passenger seat does fold flat you know.  I carried a change of cloths, red blanket and army cot at all times when 18, (all of which will fit behind seats).

Well. it is better than having a bunch of kids in the back egging you on to do stupid and sometimes dangerous things. (outside the 'other dangerous' thing).

MJB

And another thing!  Lots of pictures floating around of the 2013 smart with completely weird eyebrows on the lights.  Halos if you have to, but good night nurse, get rid of the brows!  Please,  nip this one in the bud before it's too late!!!
Give MB Westminster Colorado credit, they have been very active at trying to change the distaste us SMART owners had when our local SMART Center closed.  Our new SMART Center with MB Westminster is great!  We are very happy with them, and their service is top notch.  On top of that, we get free car washes whenever we want!

Russell Glissmann said:
Give MB Westminster Colorado credit, they have been very active at trying to change the distaste us SMART owners had when our local SMART Center closed.  Our new SMART Center with MB Westminster is great!  We are very happy with them, and their service is top notch.  On top of that, we get free car washes whenever we want!
Wish we could say the same thing here in MN. Even a crappy dealer would be preferential to no dealer. I will keep this dealer in mind though as  its only another 500 mi from my nearest dealer(Omaha)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

find a

smart center

go

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service