We've started this discussion forum to create a space for smartUSAinsiders to share with us at smart your thoughts, comments, questions and ideas.

We can’t promise you that everything will be answered all the time but what we can promise is that everything will be seen and we will address as much as we can.

We are looking forward to your thoughts, comments, questions and ideas - open your mind...

Views: 18259

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My wife and I have a 2008 Passion and we love it. Just got back from a trip to San Francisco from Henderson, NV and put on about 1300 miles. No problems and the car ran great with an average of 42 MPG. Not bad going between 70 and 80 miles per hour and up to 4000 feet and down to sea level and back. My point is that on this trip I only saw four Smarties besides ours. One on the road and three in San Francisco.

I watched the NFL today and saw numerous ads for the new Fiat 500 which resembles a Smart car, but in my mind no way as good looking. Now with these ads by Fiat, I would hope MB would start a major advertising campaign and let the public know how great a little car we have. Thanks and lets keep MB aware of how the owners feel about this great little car...Steve  

Agreed.  Here in San Antonio, Texas I have 4 in my neighborhood.  Quite a few in Austin.  But Fiat has a bad track record in the past.  A lot of us older guys remember the problems that Fiat had.  That said, MB needs to advertise sooner not later.  I just took a neighbor and his wife "around the block" in mine.  The wife waved me down and was crazy for the car.  She asked for a ride, and when we came back she asked me to take her husband.  All she wanted to know is how many miles per gallon, and is it an automatic.  I explained the transmission and she said "no clutch pedal?" and I said no, and she was happy.  They have 2 giant Dodge Ram pickups.
The city of Austin, Tx bought 200 they use for smart to go rental program with dedicated parking spots around town.  Washington DC is going to do the same, and a California town, (eather San Fran or San Deigo) will do it with smart electric.  This info taken from smartcarofamerica forum.
you can get your 10,000 mile service at bergstrom's fiat, they have certified smart techs there, they answer your calls and e-mails, and while you wait, you can have a free soda or coffee and drive a fiat 500, if it interests you. i got my 30,000 mile service there, and will get my 40,000 mile service there, i am south of chicago, so it's a bit of a drive for me, but they treat me well and know my smart.

Stephen C Hokonson said:

Ditto, Jim's response above.  It's so important to get feedback from MB.  

Yesterday morning I called Chris, at MB in Madison, Wi, about setting up an appt. for my first 10,000 maintenance.  He didn't call me back yet and I hoped it might be because something was going to open up in Minnesota soon.  I only have 8,000 on my smart, but had to drive that direction in the next week and thought I might try to "do it" early.

i was at the 2010 world micro/mini car meet and gave many rides to people in my smart, half were kids, they were quite polite, and will probably think of a smart in the future when it comes time for them to "hit the road". we can't all give everyone a ride that sees a smart, MB does have to step up for advertising, we can't do it all ourselves.

i like sitting at traffic lights next to larger cars, while the drivers oogle my smart with my  "got 50mpg?" decal on it's butt, and it's fun to zoom past them when the light turns green!

Robert Newman said:

Agreed.  Here in San Antonio, Texas I have 4 in my neighborhood.  Quite a few in Austin.  But Fiat has a bad track record in the past.  A lot of us older guys remember the problems that Fiat had.  That said, MB needs to advertise sooner not later.  I just took a neighbor and his wife "around the block" in mine.  The wife waved me down and was crazy for the car.  She asked for a ride, and when we came back she asked me to take her husband.  All she wanted to know is how many miles per gallon, and is it an automatic.  I explained the transmission and she said "no clutch pedal?" and I said no, and she was happy.  They have 2 giant Dodge Ram pickups.

james g said:
you can get your 10,000 mile service at bergstrom's fiat, they have certified smart techs there, they answer your calls and e-mails, and while you wait, you can have a free soda or coffee and drive a fiat 500, if it interests you. i got my 30,000 mile service there, and will get my 40,000 mile service there, i am south of chicago, so it's a bit of a drive for me, but they treat me well and know my smart.

Stephen C Hokonson said:

Ditto, Jim's response above.  It's so important to get feedback from MB.  

Yesterday morning I called Chris, at MB in Madison, Wi, about setting up an appt. for my first 10,000 maintenance.  He didn't call me back yet and I hoped it might be because something was going to open up in Minnesota soon.  I only have 8,000 on my smart, but had to drive that direction in the next week and thought I might try to "do it" early.

I am in MN and have a 2008 Smart, it sat for 6 weeks needing a new shift module, MB would do nothing. I took it to Autowerks in Forest Lake MN where I have all my Smart and Mini service done. Tom took care of me and got me back on the road. I will never deal with MB or any Smart dealer in MN whenever one should appear because they provided nothing for so many customers.

Ricl said:

I am in MN and have a 2008 Smart, it sat for 6 weeks needing a new shift module, MB would do nothing. I took it to Autowerks in Forest Lake MN where I have all my Smart and Mini service done. Tom took care of me and got me back on the road. I will never deal with MB or any Smart dealer in MN whenever one should appear because they provided nothing for so many customers.

Forest said:

You are going to need to do a lot of Damage control in the Minneapolis area. 

In case yall forgot, the car only has a 2 year warranty.  Now you are talking about maybe filling that gap in 6 more months.  That is a 1/4 of the warranty period.  

And just telling folks with issues to drive over 300 miles for simple warranty work will leave a bad taste that will take years to brush out.

If smartUSAinsider is for owners? Then why does facebook get notice of the new smartUSA site (with it's new ad campaign) before the 'insiders'. I am seeing more and more loyal smart owners disenchanted with the smart 'support' system and owners are selling off their cars not because of the car, but because of the inconsistent support of the smartCenters and lack of real communication from DVI to the owners.  Why are we being used for 'loving quotes', but not actually having a dialogue? 

Definition:

1. conversation between two or more people
2. an exchange of opinions on a particular subject; discussion
In the case of sUSAi all we are getting is a minimal voice from DVI 99.9 percent is owners talking to themselves.  I think that is unacceptable. It is very hard to be a cheerleader when your team won't even acknowledge you.
There shouldn't be so many unhappy smart owners. 
Message to DVI:
A dissatisfied customer will tell 9-15 people about it. And approximately 13% of your dissatisfied customers will tell more than 20 people about their problem.
Happy customers who have their problems resolved will tell 4-6 people about their positive experience.
Customer loyalty can be worth up to 10 times as much as a single purchase.
Mercedes customers are treated with great customer service, if you want to associate smart with Mercedes then start by treating smart owners as well.
Here's some research for you Customer Service and Culture
MJB
Yeah, not too thrilled with the Facebook emphasis.  Apparently the request for photos for the revised smart USA site was posted on Facebook but not on this site.  Bad move IMHO.  If this site is to continue it needs to have the most current information available or what's the point?

spicejax said:

If smartUSAinsider is for owners? Then why does facebook get notice of the new smartUSA site (with it's new ad campaign) before the 'insiders'. I am seeing more and more loyal smart owners disenchanted with the smart 'support' system and owners are selling off their cars not because of the car, but because of the inconsistent support of the smartCenters and lack of real communication from DVI to the owners.  Why are we being used for 'loving quotes', but not actually having a dialogue? 

Definition:

1. conversation between two or more people
2. an exchange of opinions on a particular subject; discussion
In the case of sUSAi all we are getting is a minimal voice from DVI 99.9 percent is owners talking to themselves.  I think that is unacceptable. It is very hard to be a cheerleader when your team won't even acknowledge you.
There shouldn't be so many unhappy smart owners. 
Message to DVI:
A dissatisfied customer will tell 9-15 people about it. And approximately 13% of your dissatisfied customers will tell more than 20 people about their problem.
Happy customers who have their problems resolved will tell 4-6 people about their positive experience.
Customer loyalty can be worth up to 10 times as much as a single purchase.
Mercedes customers are treated with great customer service, if you want to associate smart with Mercedes then start by treating smart owners as well.
Here's some research for you Customer Service and Culture
MJB

Reminder: This it the first paragraph of the Terms of Service and it is also shown at the bottom of every webpage.

smart USA Insider Terms of Service (updated May 13, 2009)

smart USA insider, is an official forum for smart owners and enthusiasts to discuss their cars and the overall smart experience. "smart USA will not provide vehicle technical assistance or respond to complaints or product issue inquiries on this website." [emphasis added] For an immediate response to vehicle technical questions, product issues, or any complaints, please contact smart USA customer service by email or phone at 1.800.smart.USA (762.7887), or contact your local dealer directly.

All the complaints about the Facebook announcement of the new website (which is very nice) is a bit much. Just go and enjoy the new website, and I think the UN.... idea is at least unique. Nice to see MB starting to advertise. Hope to see TV ads soon. Still drinking that KoolAid! And I love my Smart.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

find a

smart center

go

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service