We've started this discussion forum to create a space for smartUSAinsiders to share with us at smart your thoughts, comments, questions and ideas.

We can’t promise you that everything will be answered all the time but what we can promise is that everything will be seen and we will address as much as we can.

We are looking forward to your thoughts, comments, questions and ideas - open your mind...

Views: 18242

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes, I have it but really don't need it as I have a cabrio with the navigation system by Pioneer in my 2008. But for those who do not, it is great.

Eric Angeloro said:

Pulse check: How many Insiders have and use the smart Drive App and Integration Kit?  We are investigating making a bigger deal out of it including a more formal home on smartusa.com.  Thoughts?

http://www.smartdriveapp.com/home.php

I've got the drive app, but haven't gotten around to getting the integration kit yet.

Robert Newman said:

Yes, I have it but really don't need it as I have a cabrio with the navigation system by Pioneer in my 2008. But for those who do not, it is great.

Eric Angeloro said:

Pulse check: How many Insiders have and use the smart Drive App and Integration Kit?  We are investigating making a bigger deal out of it including a more formal home on smartusa.com.  Thoughts?

Ditto on all of these topics. And a vote for a link on the smartUSA facebook page to sUSAi.

Very good points John.

MJB

jwight said:

Back to the original discussion:

1. smart Street Tours?  Appear to be a thing of the past, which is too bad because IMHO the key to getting people to buy a smart is getting them into a smart in the first place.  If the street tours can't be done on a national level, push the dealers to do them locally.

2.  The Electronic Parts Catalog (EPC) - still waiting to see this opened up to US smart owners now that we are under M-B USA.  Are smart owners not considered as part of the Mercedes family now?

3.  Dealer locator on smart USA site.  Please return the interactive map feature!  Searching by ZIP code is fine when we want a local dealer, but if we're planning a road trip it's much easier to find dealers along the way by using the map.

4.  We've had a "new" smart center in Cincinnati for a couple of months now, although you wouldn't know it unless you really looked hard.  No signage, no communication with local owners, no blog on this site, no posts on SCoA, etc.  Mainly the sounds of crickets chirping.  I hope this is not representative of the newer smart centers since it's exactly the opposite of the support and interaction we had from the previous (non M-B USA) smart center in Cincy.

5.  On the smart USA site there's a link to smartusainsider.com, but on this site there's no link back to smart USA - can we get one?

Ditto on this one too. Android please, thanks.

MJB
Russell Glissmann said:

Make the same app for Android and I'll be all over it!

Eric Angeloro said:

Update on the Electronic Parts Catalog (EPC) - it is available to smart owners.  When you go to the site, there are two registration options, one free (for U.S. Mercedes-Benz car owners) and one for $12 (for all others, including smart).  If you register and pay the $12 you will have access to the smart version of the EPC.  Just wanted to clarify that - sorry for any confusion.

spicejax said:

Ditto on all of these topics. And a vote for a link on the smartUSA facebook page to sUSAi.

Very good points John.

MJB

jwight said:

Back to the original discussion:

1. smart Street Tours?  Appear to be a thing of the past, which is too bad because IMHO the key to getting people to buy a smart is getting them into a smart in the first place.  If the street tours can't be done on a national level, push the dealers to do them locally.

2.  The Electronic Parts Catalog (EPC) - still waiting to see this opened up to US smart owners now that we are under M-B USA.  Are smart owners not considered as part of the Mercedes family now?

3.  Dealer locator on smart USA site.  Please return the interactive map feature!  Searching by ZIP code is fine when we want a local dealer, but if we're planning a road trip it's much easier to find dealers along the way by using the map.

4.  We've had a "new" smart center in Cincinnati for a couple of months now, although you wouldn't know it unless you really looked hard.  No signage, no communication with local owners, no blog on this site, no posts on SCoA, etc.  Mainly the sounds of crickets chirping.  I hope this is not representative of the newer smart centers since it's exactly the opposite of the support and interaction we had from the previous (non M-B USA) smart center in Cincy.

5.  On the smart USA site there's a link to smartusainsider.com, but on this site there's no link back to smart USA - can we get one?

An invitation to all SMARTies!  Mercedes Benz of Westminster Colorado is sponsoring a huge party for SMART car owners!  This is going to happen on November 9 at 6:30 PM, and is open to all SMART Car owners, from anywhere, not just the Denver Metro area.  Brother's Barbecue will be served, along with great door prizes.  There will discussions from SMART technicians, as well as a Q&A session.  In addition there will also be a presentation from a member of the Mercedes Benz club about how the SMART is the only car without a Mercedes Benz emblem on the grill allowed in the club!  I'd love to say that there would be drawing for a new SMART, but I'm sure that MB would be upset about that, however don't let a little thing like that deter you from visiting this wonderful facility in Westminster Colorado.  There has been much discussion about how bad some dealers are, well this is an opportunity to see what the best dealer looks like! Please RSVP to Katie O'Neil at koneil@mbwestminster.com .  Don't miss this event!!!!
After this has been posted another 20 times the message will probably get out...  :D

Russell Glissmann said:
An invitation to all SMARTies!  Mercedes Benz of Westminster Colorado is sponsoring a huge party for SMART car owners!  This is going to happen on November 9 at 6:30 PM, and is open to all SMART Car owners, from anywhere, not just the Denver Metro area.  Brother's Barbecue will be served, along with great door prizes.  There will discussions from SMART technicians, as well as a Q&A session.  In addition there will also be a presentation from a member of the Mercedes Benz club about how the SMART is the only car without a Mercedes Benz emblem on the grill allowed in the club!  I'd love to say that there would be drawing for a new SMART, but I'm sure that MB would be upset about that, however don't let a little thing like that deter you from visiting this wonderful facility in Westminster Colorado.  There has been much discussion about how bad some dealers are, well this is an opportunity to see what the best dealer looks like! Please RSVP to Katie O'Neil at koneil@mbwestminster.com .  Don't miss this event!!!!

Very cool! Amy and I are at Aberdeen, SD and we'll be arriving at Longmont, CO on October 3rd. We'll be in the area 1-3 months; so we'll put it on our calendar and send an email.

Russell Glissmann said:

Please note that I blew the email address, it should be koneill@mbwestminster.com (two l's)
Maybe smartUSA could support with a Facebook and twitter post.  Thoughts?

Russell Glissmann said:
Good point!  I'll throw it out to the dealership, thanks!
would that include pre-2008 450s as well?

jwight said:
Update on the Electronic Parts Catalog (EPC) - it is available to smart owners.  When you go to the site, there are two registration options, one free (for U.S. Mercedes-Benz car owners) and one for $12 (for all others, including smart).  If you register and pay the $12 you will have access to the smart version of the EPC.  Just wanted to clarify that - sorry for any confusion.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

find a

smart center

go

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service