We've started this discussion forum to create a space for smartUSAinsiders to share with us at smart your thoughts, comments, questions and ideas.

We can’t promise you that everything will be answered all the time but what we can promise is that everything will be seen and we will address as much as we can.

We are looking forward to your thoughts, comments, questions and ideas - open your mind...

 

 

Views: 18320

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Agree; to be fair, there were two smart USA/DVI reps at the Dells meet in June and I'm sure DVI will be attending future events.  Absolutely agree the dealers need to be more involved with local or regional smart events.

Walter Johnson said:

MB should send someone or support events. The Dragon, The Keys. or just give a small prize, or get the dealers to go.

 

+1 on the need for the dealers to support the owners after the sale.

Okay, I know I've posted this before, but not ALL of the dealers are failing to support their owners!  Our dealer in Denver is fantastic!  Not only do they support the owners, they are holding a party for them as well!  Unfortunately the dealership doesn't have access to the former Denver SMART center customer listing so we can let everyone know about the new dealership and the party they are throwing.  I'm not sure but I think that a DVI representative is supposed to be there as well.

Just to get on jwight's nerves, I wanted to again let everyone know that the party is on November 9 at 6:30 PM.  EVERYONE is welcome from anywhere, not just Denver!  Keep watching, I'll be posting this at a number of other places as well, I want to make sure the word gets out!

Post number 120!  Congratulations!!!  But you're right, there have been a few dealers all along that have really supported not only the brand but owner events as well - many thanks to them.  Interesting your new smart center didn't get names from the previous dealer; our new Cincy dealer apparently did so I guess it varies by location.

Russell Glissmann said:

Okay, I know I've posted this before, but not ALL of the dealers are failing to support their owners!  Our dealer in Denver is fantastic!  Not only do they support the owners, they are holding a party for them as well!  Unfortunately the dealership doesn't have access to the former Denver SMART center customer listing so we can let everyone know about the new dealership and the party they are throwing.  I'm not sure but I think that a DVI representative is supposed to be there as well.

Just to get on jwight's nerves, I wanted to again let everyone know that the party is on November 9 at 6:30 PM.  EVERYONE is welcome from anywhere, not just Denver!  Keep watching, I'll be posting this at a number of other places as well, I want to make sure the word gets out!

Putt Putt, 

 

We didn't announce this so you didn't miss any communication.  It was a corporate sponsored event and we teamed-up with our Sprinter and M-B colleagues.  IT did give us some ideas for a smart event like this with our owners so it's good to see there is interest.  Have you participated in activities such as Beach Sweep?

Putt Putt said:

As I see in the current "Scoop" from DVI....  cleaning local beaches in NJ..  Did they announce this?   If not, there was a huge missed opprotunity to gather owner support form the  NY, NJ PA area .  

  If they did announce the cleanup-  , I'm sorry I missed it.  



Eric Angeloro said:

Putt Putt, 

 

We didn't announce this so you didn't miss any communication.  It was a corporate sponsored event and we teamed-up with our Sprinter and M-B colleagues.  IT did give us some ideas for a smart event like this with our owners so it's good to see there is interest.  Have you participated in activities such as Beach Sweep?

Putt Putt said:

As I see in the current "Scoop" from DVI....  cleaning local beaches in NJ..  Did they announce this?   If not, there was a huge missed opprotunity to gather owner support form the  NY, NJ PA area .  

  If they did announce the cleanup-  , I'm sorry I missed it.  

Eric, i think you would have gotten a good smart turnout to promote the car and clean the beach. Tieing the smart to environmental causes has always been in smart promotions, we come to events, and would love to help smart

Walter, 

 

OK good to know.  We've talked about a National Event here at Home Office so maybe we can make the day of it and tie-in a community event as well.

Walter Johnson said:

Eric, i think you would have gotten a good smart turnout to promote the car and clean the beach. Tieing the smart to environmental causes has always been in smart promotions, we come to events, and would love to help smart
Great idea!  Hopefully a gathering at Montvale would be a least a couple of days or more (to make the drive worthwhile for a lot of us), which would leave time for an activity similar to beach clean up.

Eric Angeloro said:

Walter, 

 

OK good to know.  We've talked about a National Event here at Home Office so maybe we can make the day of it and tie-in a community event as well.

Walter Johnson said:

Eric, i think you would have gotten a good smart turnout to promote the car and clean the beach. Tieing the smart to environmental causes has always been in smart promotions, we come to events, and would love to help smart
as long as we're wishing, can we wish for a turbo diesel on the next smart -- I hear there isn't going to be a diesel for the next gen, but dang!  smart could be on the top of every mpg list published -- that tons of free advert.  Diesel engines also generally last longer.  I would pay a couple Gs extra for a diesel!

I'd like to see another National Event.  I think to get smarts from all over the country to attend it needs to be somewhere toward the center of the country. It doesn't have to be the midwest but central.  Needs a smart center that will work with the local club and lots of DVI support. It also needs to be 2 to 3 days long. Give folks a reason to drive that far.   Being one of those smart owners who doesn't mind a day or two of driving to get to a smart event we would attend.  Somewhere where there's a dealer and a variety of things to do as well as good roads for a caravan.  Doing a caravan in town like we tried in Kansas City is tough due to all the traffic, traffic lights etc.  For the 2nd anniversary party here in Tulsa they had us do a drive through town and we ended up separated because of traffic lights/stop signs and the caravan fell apart.  In the Wisconsin Dells we were on highways and rural roads and the group stayed together.

I also think an event at Montvale combines with a tour of MB would be a great place but a lot of driving for some of us.

All good points.  There's no single location that works for everyone, but an event in Montvale, hosted by DVI, would be as much for the DVI team as for us owners.  Great opportunity to mingle with actual owners and get the straight scoop on these cars.  At some future date I think another central national event will come together - just a question of who will organize it and when.

Jill Hobbs said:

I'd like to see another National Event.  I think to get smarts from all over the country to attend it needs to be somewhere toward the center of the country. It doesn't have to be the midwest but central.  Needs a smart center that will work with the local club and lots of DVI support. It also needs to be 2 to 3 days long. Give folks a reason to drive that far.   Being one of those smart owners who doesn't mind a day or two of driving to get to a smart event we would attend.  Somewhere where there's a dealer and a variety of things to do as well as good roads for a caravan.  Doing a caravan in town like we tried in Kansas City is tough due to all the traffic, traffic lights etc.  For the 2nd anniversary party here in Tulsa they had us do a drive through town and we ended up separated because of traffic lights/stop signs and the caravan fell apart.  In the Wisconsin Dells we were on highways and rural roads and the group stayed together.

I also think an event at Montvale combines with a tour of MB would be a great place but a lot of driving for some of us.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

find a

smart center

go

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos
  • View All

Videos

  • Add Videos
  • View All

© 2014   Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service