We've started this discussion forum to create a space for smartUSAinsiders to share with us at smart your thoughts, comments, questions and ideas.

We can’t promise you that everything will be answered all the time but what we can promise is that everything will be seen and we will address as much as we can.

We are looking forward to your thoughts, comments, questions and ideas - open your mind...

Views: 18197

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I would like to own smarts in the future.  This is a very good car and I feel good when driving it.  I wish for smartUSA to succeed and I hope that the feedback which I am providing is taken by smart in a constructive way. 

My message to smart is:  Please help me to help you.  I will be happy to recommend this car to others as soon as it proves to be a viable vehicle in this region.  Please get a factory authorized maintence shop set up in Minnesota soon.

Even if MB stepped up to the plate now I would not buy, nor recommend, the Smart brand. They have demonstrated, beyond a shadow of a doubt, they're not to be trusted. I do not feel good driving it because if something happened to the car it would be a logistical nightmare to get repaired. As I have mentioned, the car has performed flawlessly, but the lack of viable warranty, or service facility, renders the car a no go.

to be honest, it's a boutique car.  I have a 450, which is even less supported.  Since I do all of my own work, I'm not nearly as bothered by that, but I think a lot of people would be.  I'm more bothered by stuff lake the pano roof issue (and the lack of a good fix or support for those that have had problems from the beginning).  Here's hoping that MB gets it together for the future of the smart brand.  The car we REALLY WANT to love!

I see your point Kenny & I wouldn't be upset if I bought mine as a boutique car, but I bought it as a low cost commuter car, brand new with a warranty. As far maintenance & routine service I can take it almost anywhere. As far as warranty......who knows, as there isn't a place to get warranty  within 300 miles of here.
Corky, it is unfortunate -- I hope MB sees the light soon and you guys get better support.  I'm quite near a dealer myself, though they probably won't work on my car!  same effect, different story!  I think they should at least let us order parts!  What do we know -- we're merely consumers (LOL).

I hate to agree with Kenny that this is a boutique car, but I see that as the truth.  Like Corky I would not be upset if I knew that when I bought it, but the dealer lead me to believe that the car was going to be supported by smartUSA and M-B USA.

I just wanted a commuter that I could feel good about environmentally.  A minimalist commuter car that made the statement that I was not using more than my fair share of the earth's resources.

The thought of taking it 550 miles round trip for dealer service offends my environmentalist sensibilities.  On top of that is the need for me to take time off of work.

This car still fulfills what I wanted of it, but I did not anticipate the insecurity that it gives me to drive it.  I cannot be without my commuter and my learning that it takes weeks to get parts, and that it might need to be towed interstate for service frankly, gives me the willys. 

I thought that one bought M-B products because they increased ones sense of security.

Corky A Freeman said:

I see your point Kenny & I wouldn't be upset if I bought mine as a boutique car, but I bought it as a low cost commuter car, brand new with a warranty. As far maintenance & routine service I can take it almost anywhere. As far as warranty......who knows, as there isn't a place to get warranty  within 300 miles of here.
Looking for the local SMART Car club in San Antonio,Texas, how and where should I look? Trying to organize a group for great arts event on March 10,2012

Welcome to sUSAi, I'm glad you're here.

How about a profile pic of your smartie on your "My Page' in place of that ol' gray silhouette , and some more info and pix of 'smartART' too.

Try here Andy:  san antonio smart car club you can Join the group, then you'll be able to send a message to all the members in the group to let them know you are interested in the club (to make sure they know you're here).

Anyways, until next time,
MJB
My spiceJax page My Blogs My Friend Billo's itibiti page
andy benavides said:

Looking for the local SMART Car club in San Antonio,Texas, how and where should I look? Trying to organize a group for great arts event on March 10,2012

Andy,

add the event in the EVENTS section, then follow spicejax suggestion to join the group and send them an invite via the group message link.  the members of the group will receive a personal email; be sure to include the link to the event page.  good luck.

andy benavides said:

First unbig tag in Florida:

Any one else see a unbig in your state?

MJB

no...

No Unbig's in Denver that I've seen, at least yet!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

find a

smart center

go

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service