We've started this discussion forum to create a space for smartUSAinsiders to share with us at smart your thoughts, comments, questions and ideas.

We can’t promise you that everything will be answered all the time but what we can promise is that everything will be seen and we will address as much as we can.

We are looking forward to your thoughts, comments, questions and ideas - open your mind...

Views: 18328

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Has anyone reviewed/subscribed to this? smart tekinfo

I think there should be a 'owners' access version for us.  Especially since we are not in the business of car repair. MB owners have this: MB Owners Online

Take a look at this.

MJB

What's wrong with this picture?

Gee, maybe I should get a LEAF instead of a ED smart?  Thank you Daimler. WTH!

MJB

thanks for the links.  The first link won't let me sign up, I assume because it's a Euro VIN number.  The second system look interesting -- is that a subscription service?  How do you access the 'real' service?

spicejax said:

I think there should be a 'owners' access version for us.  Especially since we are not in the business of car repair. MB owners have this: MB Owners Online

Take a look at this.

MJB

And this one runs $95 bucks a week! with no refunds or extensions if the service goes down, and no guaranty of information for cars older than 2008.  MB really gets behind their products!  No, what they REALLY need is a freaking manual.  I never even entertained the idea that you wouldn't be able to get one!  I've never before owned a car that I couldn't buy a manual for!  It makes that $100 Toyota manual I bought look like a complete bargain! If they got trained monkeys to run MB at least they'd figure out which buttons to push to get the pellets!

spicejax said:

www.Alldatadiy.com <-- 27 bucks for 1 year or 45 bucks for 5 years 

http://epc.startekinfo.com/epc/welcome.jsp is a great service but you do have to pay $12/yr for it, but it is just strictly parts diagrams and part numbers, no step by step guides on how to work on the car. 

A lot of information can be found on http://www.evilution.co.uk/ .  They have an abundant amount of information for both the 450 and the 451.  There is no charge for this site!

So Alldata has everything needed for the fortwo for servicing? $12.00 isn't too bad for parts info. You can learn a lot from that.  Seems like, since North American Benz owners are getting it gratis, shouldn't NA smart owners receive this benefit as well? Thanks for the links Joe.

MJB

BTW, Has anyone subscribed to Alldata yet what does the info look like? This pdf looks promising. Any screenshots? Is Alldata equal to or better than the MB info?

SmartJoeMN said:

www.Alldatadiy.com <-- 27 bucks for 1 year or 45 bucks for 5 years 

http://epc.startekinfo.com/epc/welcome.jsp is a great service but you do have to pay $12/yr for it, but it is just strictly parts diagrams and part numbers, no step by step guides on how to work on the car. 

Here's where smart parts can be ordered online.

Of course, none of these links help non DYI types or folks that need local service and advice, like our Minnesota Brethren.  

MJB

It's still VERY weak -- we really need a freaking manual!

the franchise was pulled from Lupient, Mercedes no longer wanted franchise owners that were not Mercedes dealers.

Corky A Freeman said:

James LeCuyer said:

Mercedes has til this spring to open a damn dealer in the Minneapolis MN or Im getting rid of both of mine. They require the Mercedes computer programmers and none of the Minneapolis Mercedes dealers will touch them!!! I bought both of mine just before Mercedes pulled the plug on the Lupient dealer here in Brooklyn Park. They need to get it done or lose the battle in Minneapolis to Fiat and Toyota!!!! I now own 2 cars with no warranty and no place to even pay to have them fixed!! Sorry needed to vent.....

I know where you're coming from James, I've had those feelings since last May when Lupients bailed. I bought mine at the end of April & the last thing the sales lady said when I left was: "see you in a year for your first service". 3 weeks later she's gone & a week later Lupient drops Smart. A month later some suit from MB assures all the MN Smart owners that we'll have a new dealer in just a few weeks.......wrong.
A lot of "experts" claim there's nothing MB can do as they can't force a franchisee to take on Smart.......correct, but it was MB's decision to allow only MB franchisee's to sell & service these things. I place this mess squareley on the shoulders of MB, & to some extent Lupients for withholding the info that my new cars value was going to be severely degraded in 3 weeks time. As far as I'm concerned we've bought the modern day eqivalent of a Yugo.
I'm not in the position now to haul this mistake to another market & dump it, so I guess I'm stuck. All I can do is spread the word to other Smart markets, that are still functional, to avoid this brand at all costs.

I subscribe to Alldata DIY. Any questions send me a message.

smart fares well in recent Consumer Reports perception study

Here's how the scores for 37 brands panned out. For a brand to make the list, around 100 respondents or more (out of 2,045) had to name the brand in unaided awareness.

1. Toyota (130.6 index score)
  2. Ford (121.1)
  3. Honda (93.8)
  4. Chevrolet (92.2)
  5. Mercedes-Benz (83.6)
  6. BMW (69.3)
  7. Volvo (67.0)
  8. Cadillac (63.3)
  9. Lexus (54.4)
  10. Tesla (50.7)
  11. Smart (47.2)
  12. Acura (46.8)
  13. Audi (41.7)
  14. Subaru (41.3)
  15. Nissan (40.3)
  16. GMC (38.2)
  17. Dodge (36.7)
  18. Buick (35.7)
  19. Hyundai (34.5)
  20. Volkswagen (31.2)
  21. Chrysler (31.2)
  22. Ferrari (28.9)
  23. Porsche (24.1)
  24. Scion (22.9)
  25. Lincoln (22.9)
  26. Kia (22.8)
  27. Jaguar (16.4)
  28. Mazda (16.1)
  29. Infiniti (15.8)
  30. Jeep (11.6)
  31. Suzuki (11.1)
  32. Mercury (10.1)
  33. Land Rover (8.3)
  34. Mitsubishi (7.2)
  35. Mini (7.2)
  36. Fiat (6.7)
  37. Saab (5.3)

http://blogs.cars.com/kickingtires/2012/01/consumer-reports-study-p...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

find a

smart center

go

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service