We've started this discussion forum to create a space for smartUSAinsiders to share with us at smart your thoughts, comments, questions and ideas.

We can’t promise you that everything will be answered all the time but what we can promise is that everything will be seen and we will address as much as we can.

We are looking forward to your thoughts, comments, questions and ideas - open your mind...

Views: 18098

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Jim, 

A service point will be opening in your area. We hope to announce it very soon once the final processes are completed. Sorry it has been taking longer than we'd like, but we (DVI) wanted to make sure a proper solution was put in place for our owners in the MN area.  Stand by.

Eric 

Jim Gausman said:

Kamaal, and Putt Putt, I wish you all smart owners the best of luck.  I hope that you see that I am very impressed with my little car too.  I sing its praises all the time.  

I am sorry that I felt the need to share my frustrations with the mother company. I just wish that MB would let Minnesota know if there are any plans to ever restore service here.

Thank you for the reply Eric!

Eric Angeloro said:

Jim, 
A service point will be opening in your area. We hope to announce it very soon once the final processes are completed. Sorry it has been taking longer than we'd like, but we (DVI) wanted to make sure a proper solution was put in place for our owners in the MN area.  Stand by.

Eric 

Jim Gausman said:

Kamaal, and Putt Putt, I wish you all smart owners the best of luck.  I hope that you see that I am very impressed with my little car too.  I sing its praises all the time.  

I am sorry that I felt the need to share my frustrations with the mother company. I just wish that MB would let Minnesota know if there are any plans to ever restore service here.

Ditto!  We will do our "smart" best to make them the happiest "service point" in Minnesota!

Jim Gausman said:

Thank you for the reply Eric!

Eric Angeloro said:

Jim, 

Eric 

Jim Gausman said:

I hate to be the wet blanket but we have heard this quite a few times before. I sincerely hope it does happen, and I would be the first to welcome them.

Keeping the hope alive....

Now, the only thing missing is MB showing their appreciation for the early adopters by letting us order parts for our 450s....  It could happen...

It wouldn't do much to help out those of us inconvenienced by the lack of a dealership that own 451's.. We bought a car that supposedly had local dealer support. As far as I know, the 450 did not have that when they were sold..

quite right, but it is likely that when MB saw the effort and the price the early adopters were willing to pay it had some influence on their decision to import the 451. Just saying...

The marketing scheme of burning smart's strongest advocates does not seem to make sense.  It would make more sense to me to encourage the current owners to spread the word about this great little car word of mouth.

Support for 450s and for Minnesota orphans would be a good start.

Last night I filled the car for less than $28, and I would be crow-ing about this to everyone around me - telling them that the price of gas becomes irrelevant when you own a fuel efficient smart... I have averaged over 43 mpg since owning my car and during the summer I have seen a few tanks over 50 mpg.

But alas, my voice will be silent until we see support here. 

Kenny Andersen said:

quite right, but it is likely that when MB saw the effort and the price the early adopters were willing to pay it had some influence on their decision to import the 451. Just saying...

Alas, some day I dream of smuggling in a diesel 450 -- 60 mpg!  We can only dream...

It's clear at this point that even when smart USA/DVI delivers on their promise to provide a service point in MN it will not be enough to satisfy some individuals.  Fair enough - sell the car or whatever, or come up with a realistic suggestion for further action (smart cannot just crap a dealership whenever someone asks for it.)  That's unfortunate IMHO since it's detracting from the enjoyment of the smart.  As a friend used to say, "what's a mother to do?"

Kenny, 

At this point, if you have a 450 chassis registered in the U.S., you can bring that registration documentation to a smart center and ask if they would order the parts. Since the 450 was not officially imported it is marked as a non-USA vehicle and as such, requires the necessary paperwork to order the parts. 

With this in mind, smart centers are not mandated to fulfill these orders and participating smart centers will order the parts via our corporate offices so we can best ensure the distribution of these non-USA parts.  This will add a bit of time to the order since the parts would be fulfilled from Europe, but it can be done.

I hope this addresses your concern. The answer is essentially yes, but with DOT regulations and so forth, there is more of a process in place for your protection and ours. 

E

Kenny Andersen said:

Now, the only thing missing is MB showing their appreciation for the early adopters by letting us order parts for our 450s....  It could happen...

Thanks Eric, and Thanks for the link Kevin -- I haven't tried them. Sure there are always ways to get stuff, it would just be nice to be able to go to a local MB or smart dealer (I have access to both) to order a part.  If you give hem the part number and they order it for you and you get what you get, I'm not sure what all the fuss is about.  I'll put it to the test when I get back home. Cheers, Kenny

Reply to Discussion

RSS

find a

smart center

go

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service